What foods won't you eat?

Soldato
Horse radish sauce. Whoever invented that should have to eat it for eternity.

And olives.

And as for liver and kidneys. Oh come on, they're delicious! Slice-em-up, dunk in non-self raising flour, chuck em into a hot wok with olive oil, pepper, salt, cook until all the blood has drained out and sizzling, job done!

Soldato
OP
food3p.jpg

missus took these pics whilst in china recently, bit scary.

I see your China, and I raise you...

Thailand!

z148small.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got a mate who is a really fussy eater. He has somehow managed to come up with a 'safe' option in most food situations he is likely to find himself in. Indian restaurant: Chicken Balti and chips. Won't eat naan, rice or entertain the idea of trying anything else. Oddly he will read the menu for 5 minutes before ordering. Chinese: chicken curry and chips. Again he will read the menu for some reason.

The two of us were on holiday in spain a few years ago. Lunch time came around and I was pointing out different places we could eat and he was having none of it because he had spotted a KFC. So in the end I give in to his weakness and we go to KFC. I have a quick look what's on and order. I turn round and he is standing staring blank faced at those menu things above the counter. He then orders the only KFC sandwich/burger he eats (ref. part 1 ^) the english girl serving then says "funny you should ask fot that one, that's the one thing we don't sell here in the spanish branches" Which leads to him sitting empty handed watching me eat my KFC that I didn't really want only for us to go on a trek for a McDonalds right after.

Associate
In Thailand for example I was quite happy to try eating a variety of insects.

Nasty, My wife had the biggest deep fried cockroach i have ever seen when we went out one night to Khaosan road. It was vile seeing leaking mush dribble from the corners of her mouth. That will teach her not to drink to much before going out next time and as i rightly pointed out-i have to kiss that mouth!:D

I don't get much chance to be picky.Wife is half french and mother in law is french and they eat some disgusting stuff i can tel you-i just smile and either wrap it i tissue discreetly or pass it to the misses under the table!:D

Sister in law checking out the bugs

4013330727_077757572a.jpg

Mmmmm, munching a cockroach

4013330625_1e0f48d893.jpg

Look at her face! Still cracks me up just looking at that pic!

4013330779_611568c2f2.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I can't eat Sprouts, they just taste bitter to me. There was a thing on the One Show ages ago explaining that some people have a higher concentration of taste buds, which makes sprouts taste more bitter.

Also hate peas and pease pudding, disgusting stuff.

I adore all seafood, except overly rubbery squid/octopus.

Can't eat sausages. I've come to the conclusion that its because as a kid, my mum bought really cheap ones filled with grissle and it's just put me off for life :( Actually I don't really eat any pork, it's tasteless and chewy. I'll only eat bacon if I absolutely have to.

Other than that though, I'm not fussy! :D

Associate
Celery (which should be outlawed!) and I am not keen on blue cheese. The weird thing is though a friend of the family makes a celery and Stilton quiche that's lovely - the horrible flavours must cancel themselves out. I also don't like Coffee

Associate
I am a somewhat fussy eater. I refuse to eat mushrooms as they are devilspawn.

When I was a kid the only meat I would eat was sausages and burgers so I'd always have my own version of meals with Quorn. Since then I'm now happy to eat mince (beef or turkey) and chicken, turkey or duck breast (but no thighs). I still won't eat steaks or pork chops.

I'm sure I'm missing out on loads but I really don't enjoy most types of meat :(

Soldato
I'll never eat cat/dog or anything endangered so I guess I'm fussy on that sort of thing but usually I don't care.

Don't really get the argument about people caring how some foods are made (i.e. how eggs are produced).

Soldato
Having had a reasonably broad upbringing, I enjoy my food and won't turn my nose up at anything - although I draw the line at domestic pets and bugs.

That's not saying i don't have preferences, I have to be in the 'mood' to eat things like sprouts etc. Oddly enough I only tend to be in the mood around Xmas.

Saying that, If people have me round for dinner, I've been trained from an early age to eat the entirety of any meal I'm presented with, regardless of preference/dislike etc.

Mum did a good job :D

n

Back
Top Bottom