What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
I don’t do reviews, far too biased. Engine is the wrong way round anyway. :p Drove one about 6 weeks ago and was really impressed, MHEV so stop start is brilliant and the car feels much more solid. As Steve Cropley said it’s worthy of the badge now.

Will have the Matrix lamps, Head up display and clearsight rear mirror/screen so pretty feature rich on top of HSE R-Dynamic

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought it at 8 yrs old.
Was under 10k, so cheap enough

i'm surprised as to how many issues you're having with the suspension.

I recently drove a mazda 2 sport for my brother and the rear was clunking like mad! we left the car without buying but dealer was adamant that it is "normal"

he then drove a non sport mazda 2 and he said that was clunking too, might be a thing with mazdas?

my mazda 2's(mk1) top mount on the rear shock exploded when i hit a pothole.

on the other hand my 10yo 115k mile lexus is not clunking in anyway and the only thing it needed in last 8 years is -;

servicing
airbag recall
boot struts
wipers

that's it.

Even my 1994 mx5 needed no suspension work bar droplinks and alignment :o so I'd say you're either having bad luck or mazda 3 mps is badly designed.

Soldato
It's all the wear and tear from jacking it up every week to change the oil :D

Haha!

Given my car a bit of TLC over the last couple of days following its service, after a year of basically just driving and washing it!

New plugs
bV4Qqft.jpg

Fixed broken exhaust bracket

EDYHNMY.jpg

Overcame the problem of wobbly number plate lights due to shoddy clips that don't hold them in very well, and the lack of desire to spend money on new ones

fzop0WC.jpg

Interior lighting upgraded with nicer LEDs

oQkDhOC.jpg

Fitted a new dash cam

890GfDK.jpg

And then a thorough clean of the interior

toNrNqq.jpg

96QDsO0.jpg

Nn0DbAd.jpg

I should have brushed the alcantara before the photos! Need a new driver's floor mat as well.

Soldato
If everyone fits them you will have to start indicating and stop tailgating ;)

BMW drivers are exempt from indicating as per the highway code. Makes no difference if someone has you on camera or not. If he ticked the optional 'indicator light package' when ordering the car then he might use them just because....

also....nobody in nice cars tailgates due to the awful super thin water based paint used these days. I mean, if you are going for the bare metal look fair enough, unless you have three coats of PPF installed then game on!

Associate
Test fitted new CNC'd billet intake.

20190406-192226.jpg

20190406-192205.jpg

20190406-192226.jpg

Back
Top Bottom