What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Car should hopefully be arriving today... I say hopefully because the guy transporting it is hopeless at communicating. Currently have absolutely zero clue when its getting picked up (sorry @MrKnifey) and zero clue when its being delivered... :o

Soldato
New ‘fast road’ geo for the 4C. Basically more camber up front, but less caster. Also have upgraded rear pads to DS2500 to try and change the bias a bit, it really dives a lot on track.

Bedford in May will be it’s first test.

Associate
Quite a lot the 3 weeks. Had a huge service at PMP, turbo rebuild with new cores, upgraded wastegates, walnut blast, rocker cover gasket, oil filter housing, coolant flush and 6 new injectors. Car feels lovely now and sounds even better as it should heh. Also fitted LCI rear lights which look a lot better, been meaning to do this for ages and gave the engine bay a good clean.

Was going to upload pictures but this site is so old and bad its a PITA.

mXMnTGP

OcUK Staff
Yesterday got quite a bit done on the Corvette:

- New Power Steering RAM fitted which no longer leaks.
- New power steering hoses fitted, no leaks so far all dry
- Did an oil change using factory filter and Millers mineral classic 20-50W oil with zinc.
- Removed transmission inspection covered to clean and check for oil leaks, all seems fine.
- My AC/DC 8 tracks arrived and work fine :)
- Neighbour finished off my garage interior and rear workshop now a case of colour to paint the walls

Some photos:

8125F259-1754-4D60-A979-7C25BA76B9F0.jpeg C568AE18-37A0-48AA-A797-00181CF7F922.jpeg 9E925A9A-5E41-48F6-8EC0-9A816FAE039C.jpeg 2E34F8D3-42B7-4D8D-BDDC-2D5295A91FEE.jpeg A217828E-87D5-452A-A36D-5A6B6EA17253.jpeg C1ED566B-F9E2-4CFC-A20D-BD3A8FB5955F.jpeg

Making good progress on the car now as on top of the above I’ve fitted HD Billstein B6 dampers, new swaybar links, all leaks seems much lesser now and more or less gone will take a few more drives to be clear on this. Silenced most the interior squeak and rattles.

Am still considering a real composite spring, also have new rear camber arms to fit along with tie rod ends but will let garage fit those who are doing the alignment along with new steering idler for safety.

I also went from ATF in power steering to an power steering oil that carries GM approval and it has weighted up the steering a little and improved feedback.

Still want a louder exhaust or electric actuated cut outs but been to busy working on it and then driving it in evenings to take it down to JP Exhaust.

Still need to investigate why the heats don’t blow out the forward facing vents, only windscreen and foot blowers work so either a vacuum issue or a flap is stuck

Really enjoying working on the car even though the power steering hoses were a nightmare has to cut them all off as nuts had seized on the lines and then spin them out and of course a messy job.

Once I am happy the car is mechanically sound, no more leaks and riding nicely I’ll look into maybe some power mods to take it to around 300 horses.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
@Gibbo I realise that this wasn't the focus of your post at all (although it goes without saying, your cars are simply stunning!) - but what stuck out to me were the lovely floor tiles in your garage. Really very smart and i wondered where they are from/which tiles they are? :)

Associate
@Gibbo I realise that this wasn't the focus of your post at all (although it goes without saying, your cars are simply stunning!) - but what stuck out to me were the lovely floor tiles in your garage. Really very smart and i wondered where they are from/which tiles they are? :)

They look like swisstrax, but seems there's quite a lot of different ones that look similar / do similar things.

OcUK Staff
They look like swisstrax, but seems there's quite a lot of different ones that look similar / do similar things.

TUFF Tile, essentially the same at swisstrax, quality is superb and they are easy to fit, think I paid around £800ish for those for the garage which is a large double, since I ordered they have a lot more colour options now, very easy to deal with and great service. Jacked on them without issue and supposedly they can withstand several tonnes of weight per tile, so very strong and certified safe for jacking on etc. Though I tend to wait for nice days and pull the car outside onto rubber matting if I am gonna do major mechanical work.

Now I am contemplating paint walls white or a light shade of grey to match the grey tiles on floor.

Back
Top Bottom