What have you done to your car today?

Don
Attempted to have a new Windscreen fitted to the Focus by Autoglass.

They arrived with a heated screen, however apparently the wire for the heated element isn't long enough (Although their "tech centre" was adamant to the fitter that it was the correct screen)

:mad:

No idea what happens now or how long it will take, but apparently someone will be in touch

Windscreen replaced today yay :)

Soldato
Took the battery back out to put it on a CTEK for reconditioning.

Realised the CTEK is in the boot locker which only opens electrically.

****ed about for a bit carrying batteries and swearing.

Gave up and manhandled the boot open just wide enough to retrieve the CTEK.

Whinged.

Soldato
Today I washed the bird poop off my MX5 after having done exactly the same thing yesterday. I'm sure tomorrow will be a similar story.

I don't really mind Starlings squatting in my facias but I wish they'd wait a could have seconds longer, to get past the cars, before dropping their load :rolleyes:

Associate
Used my new pressure washer and foam lance thing for the first time to give it a good clean. It started to hailstone 5 minutes after this picture was taken. :mad:
DPIO3td.jpg

Soldato
Swore and ***** and jeffed at a handbrake cable that seized solid with a stupid design flaw, who said drums were better ? :cry:

Ahhh balls, hope it isn't too bad to sort.

Mine would go through an MOT but I've been busy servicing the Boxster and sorting that out for an MOT and sale. Perfect time to get cars gone with summer around the corner and things starting to open up.

Soldato
Got annoyed with it. Aircon seems to have stopped working, got it checked out last week and they can’t detect a leak so have to take it back next week to see what’s what.

Looks like MrsHB has fractured her foot by falling down the last 2 stairs last night, drove her to A&E, can’t stay and told it would be hours so drove back home. Now getting a light crunch when changing into 4th gear.

Grrrr

Soldato
I haven't been happy with the brakes on the Focus since putting red stuff pads on a year or so ago (in hindsight I don't know why I even went there as I've never got on with EBC stuff) as they were notably poor until warmed up then only "ok" when used in anger, I was expecting them to be reasonable even from cold. Anyway bought Mountune pads a couple of months ago when all 4 came into stock. Fired them on at the weekend and the car already feels much sharper even during their bedding in period.

Soldato
I replaced an LED in my instrument panel, yesterday temporarily as it's really dim, waiting for a set of wedge SMD LEDs to arrive, and last week, I replaced both the rear handbrake cables and did a full coolant flush/replacement. I might adjust down my handbrake in a couple of weeks once the cables have stretched a bit more, it's currently on 8 clicks, and I prefer 4 or 5 clicks (though I only force the ratchet when I'm getting adjustment, never any other time).

The coolant change was interesting, I had a massive air lock (an issue with SW20s) and a front pipe came off. After RAC got most of the air out, I finished burping it the next day, took around 2 hours with the radiator cap slightly off.

Back
Top Bottom