What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Took the Ibiza for a trip to the barbers, and the reversing camera and electric mirrors aren't working. Found the 7.5amp fuse had blown, so just ordered a 10 piece kit from Amazon for £1.34 next day delivered. We're living in the future...

Need to get the dashcam finally wired in on the E43 this weekend too.

Soldato
Tried to lay my floor in half of the new double garage but turns out it's a weird width. It's painted anyway so I guess I won't bother. If anyone wants a Duramat disc floor 5m x 3m hit me up, it's just taking up space.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Just replaced a fuel hose then MOT'd it.

174800340_10226054763494395_7357393353172373650_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Another year another MOT in the bag.

I also had the water pump replaced even though the stock one somehow managed to seal itself back up and has not been slowly sprinkling coolant on the plastic shroud... Nice new Saleri pump in there now fully OE spec but with a metal impeller vs the plastic used by BMW in recent years.

Oil service was also done at the same time.

Got a long road trip for a week away in Wales in August so am happy that the car is pretty much ready to blast up there in speed and noise :D

Soldato
Potentially sold it without trying, then drove the first 360ish miles yesterday in it’s replacement to collect another car. That car that was listed ‘cheap’ on eBay with no photo’s, an incorrect description and has been paid for in full via bank transfer sight unseen. Still got another 60 miles to do today before I lay eyes on it, and tbh, it could be a Little Tykes Cozy Coupe for all I know at this stage. Oh and the first 360 was done with two parents, two border collies and a cat who’s an ******* as passengers.

To answer the obvious questions, no, I don’t know what your average eBay scammer does to celebrate landing nye on 30K and yes, the cat really is an *******.

Soldato
Potentially sold it without trying, then drove the first 360ish miles yesterday in it’s replacement to collect another car. That car that was listed ‘cheap’ on eBay with no photo’s, an incorrect description and has been paid for in full via bank transfer sight unseen. Still got another 60 miles to do today before I lay eyes on it, and tbh, it could be a Little Tykes Cozy Coupe for all I know at this stage. Oh and the first 360 was done with two parents, two border collies and a cat who’s an ******* as passengers.

To answer the obvious questions, no, I don’t know what your average eBay scammer does to celebrate landing nye on 30K and yes, the cat really is an *******.

Ooof 30k! Good luck buddy. I've bought a few cars without having seen/driven them, but not at that sort of money. I shall be watching for updates!

Soldato
New front pads and discs fitted the other day. Removed the slider pins, cleaned and regreased them with red rubber grease. Also gave the calipers a bit of a scrub to remove surface rust.

Soldato
Ooof 30k! Good luck buddy. I've bought a few cars without having seen/driven them, but not at that sort of money. I shall be watching for updates!

Can confirm operation ‘Little Tikes Cozy Coupe’ was a success, car was as expected (rather than as listed). Although it sounded bad, seller was a franchised main dealer and car is a 19 plate with under 4K on the clock, they just suck at eBay listings. Doing 900 miles in two days over three cars wasn’t that bad.

Soldato
Can confirm operation ‘Little Tikes Cozy Coupe’ was a success, car was as expected (rather than as listed). Although it sounded bad, seller was a franchised main dealer and car is a 19 plate with under 4K on the clock, they just suck at eBay listings. Doing 900 miles in two days over three cars wasn’t that bad.
Pics! We need pics!

Soldato
Precisely why we need pics! To decide if it was worth it. To pass judgement and nod approvingly or shake our collective heads in disappointment! :D

This is pretty firmly in the head shake category by OCUK Motors standards, 5th gen RAV4 Hybrid, 2.5ltr with the optional electric 4x4, panoramic roof and JBL sound kit in pure white. While not the most imaginative of choices, one of the drivers/passengers is 6-8” which unfortunately rules out more options than you think.

Soldato
Replaced the door cards and installed a VIOFO A129 dual kit, I had planned on doing that while the HU updated, but a combination of 5GB updates and Toyota’s servers means that’s probably a tomorrow job as it needs a full hour to update.

*edit* Did the HU too - it was either that or do decorating and I can’t think of anything more ironic on earth day than burning fuel for an hour just so the HU doesn’t turn off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom