What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
OBD splitter and auto-lock kit fitted while preserving the ELM diagnostic interface I already had. Other than adding a 12v socket in the boot (used to be fitted as standard), that’s the last of the retrofit items done. Still got a door card re-trim to finish, power feeds to run through the firewall, a new headliner to collect/fit, grab handles to replace and a minor audio upgrade to do, then I can finally deep clean the interior properly and get back to finishing the exterior.

The V5 saga continues, DVLA confirmed in writing and via phone it would be issued by 25/6, which lets me swap plates without an admin fee when insurance renews. As of today, it’ll be another 4 weeks… this started on 21/4 and looks like it could run till August. Oddly I wasn’t convinced when I was told they would backdate the VED refund.

Don
just under half of a 110 quid tank left

got to love the remaining range to empty :eek:

209933946_10158056446046847_1642747707438319395_n.jpg

Man of Honour
I'm getting the Corrado un-SORN'd. MOT booked for Monday. Insurance arranged to start from Monday and I checked with the company that they do indeed cover me on the drive to and from the MOT. I can't wait as I haven't driven it for a year and a half :) Let's hope it passes as I have a club meet at Brooklands later this month.

Associate
Test fitted carbon headlight intake today. All piping for engine has been completed. Last task is waiting for a spot to be available for full custom loom which will be a lengthy process. Im also looking at adding a samsonas sequential transmission and keep onto the V160 in storage incase I ever need to revert back. New V160 is about 16k currently.

Screenshot-20210710-210307-Instagram.jpg

J3k2TBG

Soldato
I'm getting the Corrado un-SORN'd. MOT booked for Monday. Insurance arranged to start from Monday and I checked with the company that they do indeed cover me on the drive to and from the MOT. I can't wait as I haven't driven it for a year and a half :) Let's hope it passes as I have a club meet at Brooklands later this month.
A Corrado blew past me today and reminded me of this post. Fingers crossed it flies through... the one I saw looked like a minter.

Man of Honour
A Corrado blew past me today and reminded me of this post. Fingers crossed it flies through... the one I saw looked like a minter.
Thanks. Mine isn't mint by any stretch of the imagination. But I cleaned, polished and waxed it yesterday and it came up nicely. I'm probably fooling myself but I think that if you turn up to the garage in a clean car then they might be more likely to pass it if there is a minor issue. Mind you it did need a clean as it had cobwebs everywhere after being sat for so long :)

Looking forward to the drive to the garage as there is a stretch of three lane dual carriageway to let the VR6 warm up.

uhFAIfw.jpg

iPT6OLD.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
What did I do? I went racing at Loton Park Hillclimb!

That orange thing in the bottom right is a motorbike and side car thing (nothing to do with me, I was in a Caterham). The co-rider sits on the side and moves to balance the bike as they race around - yes, it is as mad as it looks.
There was a 1963 Ferrari 250 there, looks lovely but a bit slow. Not a GTO, but still £1.5m. Pic going in the Daily Encounters thread.

OSVacZql.jpg

Soldato
Test fitted carbon headlight intake today. All piping for engine has been completed. Last task is waiting for a spot to be available for full custom loom which will be a lengthy process. Im also looking at adding a samsonas sequential transmission and keep onto the V160 in storage incase I ever need to revert back. New V160 is about 16k currently.

Screenshot-20210710-210307-Instagram.jpg

J3k2TBG
BLIMEY NICEE!!!

Associate
that looks amazing!

BLIMEY NICEE!!!

Thank you both. Car is now booked in for 24th of this month to have a full custom loom made. Every single wire in the car is being replaced along with adding an ECU Masters black ECU, PMU and 7inch ADU. Also adding milspec connectors on the bulk head so if engine is coming out again it's just 2 connectors and the engine loom is separated from the rest of the loom.

Don
Had the Focus serviced and MOT'd on Friday, taking it back to the Ford Service centre today as they conducted a "Body and Paint Check" as part of the service, however have flagged nothing on it despite there being some some bubbling paint, and signs of rust on both rear arches.

They have said they will inspect it and then go from there, although I'm not particularly hopeful :(

Back
Top Bottom