What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Having some issues with the boot struts, it's the first time i've had an electric boot and it keeps stopping and either requiring lots of button presses or me having to force it closed. Had initially just put up with it as an irritation, then when looking for something else, i found a Warranty fix replacement for boot struts dated around 5 months before i bought the car, so clearly an issue.

Booked it into Lexus and turned up this morning, however it seems the Toyota garage i bought the car from haven't registered the extended warranty correctly. I was told that since it was all "Toyota" i could just take it to Lexus for any work as i've bought it from a dealer in Nottingham. Seems they've registered it on the "Toyota" system and not the "Toyota Group" system.

They're having to work together now to get it all resolved, but was a very annoying wasted journey this morning :(

Caporegime
Absolutely phenomenal. Cannot be many cars faster point to point over a British road :).

Not so much what I have done to my car but have dug up my front garden and gravelled the area to make parking. Back is totally ruined but totally worth it. A main gripe of having a garage is playing musical chairs when trying to a) get stuff out of the garage or b) to tinker on my Celica.

m2TVsox.jpeg

Soldato
Got in my car from work and noticed a large crack appear so will need a new windscreen :mad:

I decided to wash, machine polish and seal the car this evening.

Gave the interior a treat to a Turtle Wax Odour Bomb.

Soldato
Was driving down the main road of a suburb. It was stop/start traffic. Idiot in Citroen C3 who was parked in one of the few bays on the other side of the road, parked in the opposite direction to the road, drove into me as was leaving the bay. No idea why they did this as no car sized gap front or back of me. Didn’t get the details. Then reversed back to join the queue 3-4 cars behind me.

Got a large dent on rear right wheel arch and loads of scratches. Fortunately the dent is on one panel and rear passenger door unaffected.

Not going to claim on insurance as cost will be a few quid more than the excess fee.

Soldato
If it was truly the other parties fault you claim through their insurance and hence no excess for you own, and even if you had paid the excess to initiate repair whilst fault was being determined then if other party proved to be at fault you could claim excess back from the other parties insurance.

Soldato
I don’t have the reg of the car. May ring the supermarket which was by the incident as may have camera footage of the car parking outside.

Got the time, make and colour of car.

Didn’t look at the driver - make, female, young, middle aged or old.

Soldato
Drove it for the first time in 3 weeks. Started first time drove like a dream but the roads....constant heavy downpours, hail, lightning, darkened skies, aquaplaning galore good weather for ducks!

Some really dangerous drivers out there in these conditions...most sensible people slow down take extra care but some seem to do the exact opposite & speed up :eek:

Soldato
I don’t have the reg of the car. May ring the supermarket which was by the incident as may have camera footage of the car parking outside.

Got the time, make and colour of car.

Didn’t look at the driver - make, female, young, middle aged or old.
Why didn't you just turn the engine off and walk over?

Some really dangerous drivers out there in these conditions...most sensible people slow down take extra care but some seem to do the exact opposite & speed up :eek:
I actually really like rainy days because everyone seems to drive a bit more sensibly! I'm more than happy for roads to be 5mph slower due to weather, seems to keep flow going and reduce stopping.

Back
Top Bottom