What is a Grease - Cable Sleeve...?

Associate
My focus is with the dealer who have had to order this part from Germany to fix an electrical issue, any idea where it is used in the engine and how a damaged one might affect electronics?

I bought a mk3 (2017) focus less than 2 weeks ago from a large Ford dealer network and it's already been back twice with electrical issues :rolleyes:
It started showing a parking sensor malfunction once I got it home which they suggested was caused by the pressue washing they gave it but they ended up changing one of the sensors.
Couple of days after that I was getting the same malfunction PLUS a battery warning light!
Took it back today and they said they need this Grease - cable sleeve F1122540 to fix both issues..

I'm suspicious that this cable sleeve is already damaged enough after less than 3 years/26k miles to need replacing. I'll have a chat with the mechanic when I pop back next time but does anyone have any idea exactly what for and where this component is used??

This is the part https://www.hendyeshop.co.uk/grease---cable-sleeve-f1122540-30120-p.asp

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom