What is it about Sundays.....

Associate
Ahhhh F1, the reason to be up on a weekend :)

It just annoys me that everywhere is bloody closed!

- I'll go post this parcel (cant, PO is closed on a sunday)
- I'll ring and sort out insurance / bank stuff / query (lines are open on a sunday)
- i'll finish this car / case / anything project, just need X (cant get it, SUNDAY!)

I think that is half the problem.... We want to do things, but we are held back because everywhere is bloody closed!

Suspended
I've had some cheques sat in my wallet for months. I cant put them in the bank because if I miss my opportunity on a saturday morning, thats it for the week! :rolleyes:

What are people that actually WORK in the week supposed to do?

Soldato
I feel absolutely terrible today, thought it was just my illness but im seriously tired and weak! I was going to go back to bed and sleep untill tomorrow :( I hate Monday's too.

Soldato
I too feel like what most of you feel like. Sundays are pretty dull.

I personaly havent done much at all today.. Got up out of bed about 10. Felt abit pooey because of going out down town last night..

Spent most of day on PC organising a Poker night round my house. Only to find out 4 people are not bothering to turn up (as I was typing this my phone went and 2 more are not bothering) so that makes 6 people not coming out of 8.. Oh well..

Might as well watch tv

Chronos-X said:
I've had some cheques sat in my wallet for months. I cant put them in the bank because if I miss my opportunity on a saturday morning, thats it for the week! :rolleyes:

whats with the "WORK" in caps for ?, do you think your the only person to work in the week, or are you trying insinuate something.

Suspended
lowrider007 said:
whats with the "WORK" in caps for ?, do you think your the only person to work in the week, or are you trying insinuate something.

As opposed to the unemployed who can go to the bank to get money out for their boxes of fags as they please.

Chronos-X said:
As opposed to the unemployed who can go to the bank to get money out for their boxes of fags as they please.

What exactly are you trying to say?, do you think that every person that does not work just spends the tax payer’s money on cigarettes? :( , I once used to have a condescending attitude towards people that don't have a job like you did, but after being made redundant my self after working since I left school (only had 5-6 weeks holiday in the last ten years,) I learnt that that kind of attitude gets you know where, you never know what can happen in life, one minute your on top then in a instant you can be knocked right back down again.

Soldato
Chronos-X said:

Pay them in using the ATM :confused:

Suspended
PhilthyPhil said:
Pay them in using the ATM :confused:

None of the ATMs I use (HSBC) seem to offer this as an option.

And yes, I've been made redundant and gone without a job against my best efforts before, its not nice at all. But you'd think banks would at least open for a full saturday day?

When I went home last week (mid wales) the HSBC doesn't open on saturday at all. If you cant do it in your work lunch break, what are you supposed to do, take the morning off?

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
My local HSBC has ATMs available just outside the bank for cashing in cheques so I doubt that's unique to the Swansea branch somehow. Next time you're in there ask in case they've hidden em or something :)

Back
Top Bottom