1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best mother board for fx-60

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by mark35, 4 Feb 2006.

1. mark35

Wise Guy

looking at gettign one in the next few weeks what is the best mother board do not need sli

2. Dirkscooby

Hitman

I would like to know this too.

3. BigBang

Associate

DFI LanParty UT NF3 Ultra (Socket 939) Motherboard (MB-016-DF)
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Socket_939.html
    well keep in mind that buying the SLI chipsets is always a better solution because they are more advanced and u can have one graphics card on it anyways...

4. Murzo

Hitman

If your looking for the best motherboard for the fx60 it has to be between the:

Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe nForce4 SLi X16 (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard

And..

DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard

Dont matter if your not going sli these are still the best boards for that cpu.

5. Dirkscooby

Hitman

Thanks had my eye on the Asus, not going SLI but that wont stop me.

6. !n$oMniA

Gangster

DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT gets my vote. Dont have a clue if it helps but supposidly it runs four DIMM's of memory at 1T timing, which i doubt the asus A8N32 would be able to do.

7. Dirkscooby

Hitman

Im not overclocking.

8. mpy32

Gangster

why would you want to run four dimms instead of two speedwise ???

9. Dirk

Wise Guy

You wouldn't but some people have 4x512MB sticks to make up their 2GB. Usually this carries the penalty of running 2T instead of 1T. There's no guarantee that even the Expert will be able to do this with all RAM but it's a step in the right direction.

10. mattup

Hitman

I have had many ASUS boards and not had problems with any of them. They have all been rock steady, overclockable and not component fussy.

If only the same could be said about DFI boards!

Matt

11. Dirk

Wise Guy

Them's fightin words :D

I'd expect a Ferrari to have more glitches than a Mercedes but i know which one i'd want to drive around town in ;) (Both nice cars though)

12. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

are you sure it runs 4 dimms at 1T?

13. subxero

Mobster

I dont think it does and not at full speed of the dimms either, only because its to do with the san diego memory controller and not the board :)

14. Kaiju

Mobster

Man, DFI are the PWNAGE, but unfortunately due to DFI's issues with my Seasonic S12 600W, i've had to make way for the A8N32 Deluxe. If you can get the DFI up and running though it's one of the best boards out there on S939.

Last edited: 16 Feb 2006
  15. Big.Wayne

Capodecina

Lol,

doesn't matter if you don't need SLI, I still say add the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium to your shortlist, its *almost* perfect :)

I don't need SLI, I just run a single X850XT and so far so good, but I like the fact that for the *little* extra I paid for this board (compared to a non-SLI mobo) I have the option down the road to whack in a couple of cards.

Not to mention when the times comes to sell the mobo (and packaging all unopened and mint) I will get a decent price for it.

The premium is the board of the moment, I paid £113 for mine new (£120 inc shipping) and thats the most I ever spent on a mobo, no regrets so far :)

16. ajgoodfellow

Capodecina

Definitely go for the ASUS

Only go for the DFI if you wish to overclock. As you don't go for the most stable boards you can - ASUS. The ASUS A8N-SLI Premium and the A8N32-Deluxe are both very nice boards

The first DFI mentioned is also AGP - get a PCI-E board and a PCI-E card

17. !n$oMniA

Gangster

[ DELETED ]

Last edited: 17 Feb 2006