What is the most impressive game you know of?

Soldato
OP
raGer said:
Such an amazing game, and was sooo long! Only wish they could make another.

Erm, they did.

Called it UnReal II - The AWAKENING

and its been out for yonks on the PC.

Completed it quite a number of times now.

Only issue I have with that, is the in-game video footage is a bit monotonous at times, however, the game wouldnt be right without it.

I wind the wife up by following Aida when she walks around the ship cos she has a great rs... Listen to me getting off on a computer generated girl... How sad!

XPE

XPE

Soldato
vaultingSlinky said:
Max Payne - I just love bullettime and the storyline is movie worthy. The bit where you are on drugs and running through the bloody baby room to find your dead baby on the dark narrow platforms is truly scary

why didnt i think of this :confused:

the last level when you r storming the uper floor r just some of the most fun ive had in a game :D

Soldato
System Shock 2 impressed me in that the atmosphere was so convincing i literally cant play it due to my heart rate. I never thought a game could do that to you, and ive installed it several times thinking, "pfft its only a game"...but its not, its the work of the devil i tell thee.

"Play it on your own, at night, with the lights off...to test how hard you are!"
-The PcZone accompanying comment for SS2 in its charts.

Soldato
WOW, id have to say, but now im hitting the higher levels its becoming a bit of a pain, having to form groups who turn out to be complete pain in the backside which makes me swear against forum rules. to finish a quest is really frustrating.

Soldato
not sure if its exactly the sort of ansewer the threads going on but the most impressive part of a game i know of is the actual story to final fantasy 7, not sure if it counts but my imaginations never run so wild since the time i first played that. :)

Associate
FatRakoon said:
Title doesnt really do it justice here, but we are in the middle of a conversation here about games, or more specifically certain parts of games, or a game, and we are talkign about how they have come on since the early days.

I am not really one for owning too many games I have to admit, I have the entire collection of Doom, Quake, UnReal , UnReal Tourney series, and Halo and FarCry, but other than that, my collection is lame, so myselkf I cannot comment on some of the others out there.

My most impressive part of any game, and I am sure that some will agree with me on this bit, is in HalfLife 2, in the Anti-Citizen section, where all around you, there is all sorts of action going on, constant battles over here or there... One part, is when oyu are ona rooftop and you have to shoot down the airship with the Rocket Launcher, and below you in the courtyard thingy, is a massive battle going on with the citizens and the striders... Absolutely loads all going on at once, and the detail of that game really comes into play on these particular sections in the game.

I myself think that this is perhaps one of the most impressive things I have ever seen so far on a PC.

Admittedly, the most depressing part of any game, is also HalfLife 2 too!

"Sorry Doc", or even "Reload Dr Freeman" justhas to be single most irritating thing ever!

Anyone got anything to add?

Perhaps, so I can get the game myself too, add to my collection of the good uns yeah?

life?

Caporegime
gord said:
System Shock 2 impressed me in that the atmosphere was so convincing i literally cant play it due to my heart rate. I never thought a game could do that to you, and ive installed it several times thinking, "pfft its only a game"...but its not, its the work of the devil i tell thee.

"Play it on your own, at night, with the lights off...to test how hard you are!"
-The PcZone accompanying comment for SS2 in its charts.

Seconded. Anyone mentioning Deus Ex as a favourite owes it to themselves to get this game on ebay or an abandonware site.

It is the scariest thing I have ever played. Even playing it on easy with loads of ammo stashed and plenty of health top ups, I was still really scared. It's so atmospheric. At every turn you get the feeling that you are totally alone and in very real danger. There's no one but you, a psychotic computer, a whole load of monsters and perhaps a couple of humans who are still alive. Nearly everything is out to get you.

Man, I loved that game. I ought to play through it again soon. Short of Deus Ex, I don't think anyone has made anything that even comes close.

Soldato
command and conquer red alert ... first rts i had ever played and omg i didn't realise such things existed, it literally took about 10 minutes to load every time on my p100 with like 8mb of ram but it was worth it every time (especially how every in game voice sounded irish/scottish) :)

deus ex - just the strategy and tactics of this game were unparrelled (and still are) the first lvl took me weeks to do perfectly and was such fun trying every single way to complete it was mind blowing

duke nukem3d - guns, chicks, killing pigs (literally) this game took fps's to new lvls

half-lfe - best game ever, nuff said... the thought that went into this game still blows me away

rainbow six (demo) - my fantasy of being a member of a special forces team realised... the thought of this demo still excites me... i think i am one of the few people that actually really enjoys the planning stage, i consider it a great salute to my l33tness when i can get the ai to perfectly complete a mission (ok so they have to die a few hundred times to get to this point but its still a great feeling)... bought rogue spear the second it was out in the shops and that made things even better .... the 747 mission is still my favourite of all time

Associate
I's have to say the first few hours after starting Eve-Online 15 months ago really blew me away with the level of graphics it has, i just sat outside a station staring, ok 15 months on it dont get me just the same way but the first time i fired up Eve i left the client login screen on for over an hour, just listening to the old opening song, Stellar Shadows while watching the logo spin :p Entrancing! Although the new opening song, Theme of the Universe isnt as good.

Also way up there is Worms the original, ill always remember that game as i got it as a present from my parents the day before i went into hospital for a tonsilectomy. Who would have thought killing worms in a game would beat killing real ones in the back yard with a spade all those years ago :p

Associate
there are loads of games i can think of but the one that stands out the most to me is shadows of the empire on the n64 the 1st level when you 1st take down an at-at....... amazing!

Back
Top Bottom