What is the most impressive game you know of?

PFG

PFG

Associate
Davey_Pitch said:
The Omaha Beach level on MOH:AA was one of the most impressive levels in any game I've ever played. You really had a feel for what it was like with gunfire all around and people getting blown up. Great game, but that level was something special.
QUOTE]

I totally agree

that part of the game blew me away, i was actually drawn to tears about it

great part of the game i thought

i will repost on the others as soon as they come to mind

Associate
Few others from me.

Thief 3 - specifically The Cradle. I had heard it was creepy and it was very unnerving, superb level design and quite brilliant sound.

Wipeout on the PS blew me away with how fast and smooth a console game could be

Tekken also on the PS, brilliant FMVs and the game that said home gaming was up with the arcades.

Microprose Grand Prix - First game i played that let you change pretty much every settting on the car AND actually feel the difference.

Frontier - The sheer scale of the game and that something that big could fit on two floppies.

Grim Fandango - Never been so involed with the characters in the game that I was actually sad to complete it and say goodbye.

Associate
chrono trigger (i only played it i think 2/3 years ago) and omg on par with final fantasy shame cross wasnt as good. best part has to be when i fought lavos for the first time and never knew you were meant to die :( spent hours on it think wtf am i doing something wrong are my characters weaker then they are supposed to be :confused: lol :D

Associate
FatRakoon said:
I got Deau Ex.

Never played it though?

So it seems a lot of people recommend it then?

:eek: You owe it to yourself to play that game, it may look a little dated now but the gameplay/storyline are still fantastic.

I would have to say the first time I played syndicate on my Amiga, that was the first time I had played a game where you had a living city to run amok in, it blew me away. The miniguns were pretty tasty too :D

Soldato
OP
Ok, Deux Ex is now installed on my game PC upstairs... I will have a play later on tonight.

I got to ask this one, but has anyone ever player Turrican on the C64 / ST / Amiga?

I also know that its on the SNES too, and also the Sega MD, but I am sure it was called universal Solder on that???

On the C64 I had it on Tape not Floppy, but the levels loaded up fairly quickly, so it wasnt too much of an issue to play through it.

I also love SimCity too!

I liked the original more than the others really, they just too complex for me... I dont like to think in a game... I suppose that why I liked PacMan on the Atari 2600 so much.

Soldato
FatRakoon said:
I got to ask this one, but has anyone ever player Turrican on the C64 / ST / Amiga?

I had Turrican....Was an awesome game on C64....I was also rather partial to The Last Ninja Series on C64 too :o

Rainbow Islands was very addictive too....The music that played between loads got stuck in my head though, to the point i couldn't sleep at nights :(

Soldato
A few quick ones because i'm too lazy to go into detail: (SPOILERS!)

Zelda OOT:
The first time you watch the sunrise on Hyrule field. Being a fearful slave to the day/night cycle and then learning the song to manipulate it. Yay, no more scary dog-goblins!

Deus Ex:
When you finally escape from New York and land in Japan. Suddenly you realise that the world you thought encompassed the game was merely a stepping stone. Awe-inspiring. Generally, Deus totally blew my mind. It's fair to say that it started merging with my real life at one point. I didn't just care about the game, at points I literally felt like I was IN the game. Scary, huh? Shows how powerful computer games can be at times.

Baldurs Gate:
Everything about this game is epic, a true masterpiece. If I had to pick out one moment that defined the experience, it would probably be when I finally found the only hooded cloak in the game, and suddenly looked like Jesus Christ-with-super-innate-wizard-firepower. I walked around killing sheep for hours.

Tribes 2:
Another game that has hundreds of "mini-moments". The first time you look up and see a ship sweeping overhead with 4 soldiers parachuting into your base. The first time you join a 64-player server. The first time you sucessfully coordinate an attack involving your entire team. It's all special stuff.

Unreal Tournament:
The first competitive online FPS I played; it was just so slick! Racing around with that award-winning soundtrack pumping in the background as you tried desperately to get their flag back to your base. The soundtrack alone inspires frequent trips of nostalgia-fueled comatose whenever I hear it. It was also the first game that I joined a clan for, which really took it to a wholenew level. For the record, the clan was called [GBL]... "Gorilla bashing lesbians"

Ultimate Online:
The fact that I had never played an MMORPG before (and the fact that I didnt really understand how it all worked ) meant that UO felt truly awe-inspiring for months. One particularly special moment was when a GM wizard teleported me around the world, taking me on tours through some of the most dangerous areas. I remember feeling untold joy and exhiliration as this enigmatic, cloaked figure showed me dragons and goblins, occasionally thrilling me with his powers to tame anything we came across. I mean, can you imagine that frommy perspective? It was truly like discovering a land where you could live in a Robert Jordan novel.
Oh, and the time when I first visted a player-made village was pretty damn impressive. Complete with players blacksmithing, friendly duels and horse races.

City of Heroes:
The first time I got the "Fly" power, and realized that it wasn't just a gimmick, you actually could fly anywhere! Looking to the top of the highest building and the being able to swoop up there was great fun. Wonferully implemented.

Anarchy Online:
The first time I left the tutorial section and entered the city. Amazing. My first 3D MMORPG, it's just a shamethat my computer couldn't handle it. Still, the huge city still looked impressive at 2FPS.
Another magic moment in AO: Running back to the city with a friend after completing a 2 hour mission. we were both on critical health, wondering if we were going to make it, when suddenly out of the fog beamed our beautiful city - backlit by the rising sun - and we knew we were safe. I dont think ive ever felt such relief in an MMORPG.

Boy, when I get'a typin'...

Associate
RicardoSmith said:
IS this really good. I had this and never played it. Does it need much in the way of hardware req. to play?
If you have enough patience to learn how to fight and stay on it long enough to get into it, then you'll get hooked on it.
It was released around 2001 i think and it only reccomends a 500MHz CPU but will run fine on less and fly on a 1GHz+ with modern GFX cards which do'nt need to be Ultra powerfull.
The lighting effects (for its age are still brilliant) and Atmosphere are superb in this game so install and enjoy the journey. :D

Back
Top Bottom