What is the scariest thing that's happened to you?

Soldato
Hmm a few stand out,

Hearing my brother had fallen off a rope swing and was in hospital (I knew the one that it would be and at its max is about 20-25ft above the ground).

When drunk, diving head first into what I mistakenly thought was the deep pond but was actually the 2-inch deep stream just before it :o A moment of clarity milliseconds before hitting the bottom of "OH &^%$" before trying to break fall as much as possible and slamming top of head onto rocks...fortunately 6 staples was the only result of that. :o

Driving, when a van cut a blind corner going way too fast, had to slam the wheel left to avoid it, hit the verge and bounced back into the road, spinning 360 degrees missing oncoming traffic by inches - was one of those time slow-down things where was just thinking :eek: :eek: as the car spun round.

Soldato
megzy said:
You haven't meet my dad, and its better now cause he knows that if he tries to do anything to me I'll walk out and never come back.
I know i haven't met him :confused:. All i said was if it's that bad i suggest you phone childline, it's freephone and they will help you much more than threatening to walk out.

Associate
Childline is an advice line, doesn't actually sort problems out. Only got two years left so I might as well put up with the ******. ( I refer to going to university).

Soldato
The worst I can remember happened around november time last year, was visiting home as it was my sisters birthday and she'd gone up the yard to sort out the horses with my mum, about 45 mins later got a phone call from my mum, asking me to call an ambulance, my sister had been kicked in the face by a horse...

So i called the ambulance and rushed up the yard, got there shortly after the ambulance, blood everywhere, wasn't the best experience. Turns out she ended up with a broken eye socket, broken nose, cheekbone and upper jaw, luckily it didn't 'deform' her fact too much, her nose is a little flatter but thats it, but she does have to put up with double vision now, which apparantly is unlikely to ever go.

Soldato
megzy said:
Childline is an advice line, doesn't actually sort problems out. Only got two years left so I might as well put up with the ******. ( I refer to going to university).
If you really want to get picky, they'd probably refer you to the NCPCC who would do something. I think talking about your dad beating you on an internet forum so blazé is a little disturbing.

Consigliere
Giving a girl at work 'my' number. Suddenly realised an hour later i may have somehow given her my Mum's number instead of mine. Turns out i was right.

"Jon, i think this text was for you...".

Last edited:
Associate
SideWinder said:
Giving a girl at work 'my' number. Suddenly realised an hour later i thought i might have somehow given her my Mum's number. Turns out i was right.

"Jon, i think this text was for you...".

that was clever dipstick ;) :p :D

and scariest thing for me was probably either when my mum had cancer and found out she had a few days to live :eek: i really was scared :(

and scariest personal thing was probably when i was younger when i was going over some jumps at my mates and i mucked up, didnt think it was 2 bad till i got up and the break lever was stuck in my leg :/ really wasnt nice.
i havnt really had any scary moments tbh.

Soldato
Probably when I was 7 years old, climing along a small wall only about a foot high but had railings going along the top which was outside my primary school. My mum called me over and I jumped down, didn't get very far because on of the points on the railings went straight into my palm cue me going to A+E!

Soldato
Almost got hit by a car yesterday. Me and a friend we crossing the road (green man) and some plonker from across the duel carriage tried to cut across us (no traffic light where he was) so we had to step back to let him pass, we were standing in the middle of the road. Suddenly, as he is halfway across the other side of the duel carriageway, an oncoming car almost hits him, and swerves out of the way into us two plonkers standing like fools in the middle of the road. Even if the light was green for us to cross, it didn't stop a car swerving out of the path of another.

Luckily, everyone just jammed on the breaks and everyone avoided each other. But it happened so ridiculously quickly it was amazing, wouldn't have had time to move out of the way...

Man of Honour
New Years Eve 1995, I was walking home from my mates house round the corner. I was about 4 doors away from my house, coming up to my neighbours house, who was sitting outside in the car with her boyfriend. I was about 20 yards away when two masked gunmen jumped out of the hedges beside me and ran over to the car. One of them put the butt of his gun through the drivers window and the other fired 3 shots into the drivers head. They turned and ran towards me at which point I thought that I was next. I'll never forget the looks they gave me as they ran past into the estate.
I think I just stood there staring at the car and listening to the girl screaming for what felt like days until the police arrived and shuffled me back to my house.

Another time was when I was about 12. I was walking through the estate back from my dads house at about 11pm. The UDR had a roadblock in operation and some of the local kids were throwing bricks and the odd petrol bomb at them. I just walked around it and went on my way but one of the soldiers thought it would be funny to point his SA80 at me and tell me he was going to shoot me. He had me standing with my hands in the air, crying my eyes out. I was young and naieve and though that the ****ing **** was going to shoot me. Him and his mates all had a good laugh that night. ****'s :mad:

I had a nasty motorcycle accident a few years ago but it all happened so quick that I didn't have time to think about what was happening so I don't think I was scared, more like shock.

Soldato
Probably being hit in the mouth by a fast moving hockey ball causing me to basically be dripping blood and spitting blood from my face.. My lip took the brunt of the impact and swelled up horrendously. I was wearing a brace on my lower teeth at the time, and it caused all of them to go backwards close to a cm. A few inches lower and I'd hate to think what would have happened if it had hit my throat and that had swelled up.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Me and my Ex gf had to be rescued by a life boat once

We got stuck just off the coast fully clothed tide came in no way back to the
beach so we rang the coast guard who told us dont worry the tides going
out, was it **** i told him it was now up to our chests and theres me holding
up my Mrs who was only litttle 5 foot 6 and trying not to ruin here camera

Anyway as id shouted at the man with some very fruity language he had
kindly enough sent out the coast guard boat (which couldnt reach us beacuse
of the currents) at this point the water was round my neck with my mrs
clamped round my waist trying to stay above water

After what seems like DAYS the helicopter came and had to winch us out
of the sea, when we got back to the beach there were ambulances coast guards loads of peolple waiting for us to land, the coast guard that was
treating my gf for shock told her if we had called 10 mins after they would
have found us washed up in Appledore :eek:

It was @ tip end for anyone that lives near Bideford

VERY scary and an experience i never want to go through again

Back
Top Bottom