What is white privilege?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I still feel all this talk of "white privilege" , "male privilege" , etc are largely being orchestrated by rich media owners so the discussion about "equality" never covers the topic of wealth and "Financial Privilege".

The so called "privileged" groups are simply myths created by the media to distract and divide the public at large IMO.

Last edited:
Soldato
I still feel all this talk of "white privilege" , "male privilege" , etc are largely being orchestrated by rich media owners so the discussion about "equality" never covers the topic of wealth and "Financial Privilege".

The so called "privileged" groups are simply myths created by the media to distract and divide the public at large IMO.

While the media has certainly played a part in perpetuating these ideas (especially recently), the ideology of Critical Race/Gender/Queer Theory has been gathering momentum for the last 30 years, primarily through certain sections of American academia and activism.

I would say it’s less of a media conspiracy and more the case that, as these ideas have become mainstream, the media realised that covering these kinds of stories increased their ratings, readership and site visits (ultimately, it increased their bottom line) so they covered it more and more — this had the knock-on effect of making the ideas even more mainstream (and so on).

Essentially, the media response is a symptom rather than a cause; albeit a symptom that has exacerbated the root malaise.

Soldato
What is "white" privilege?

Don't bother asking one of those "doctors" that publish on this sort of stuff or else you might confused as apparently black women can, situationally, have "white privilege"

It really is now a race for time until these lunatics either destroy western civilisation or disappear completely up their own fundaments.

Permabanned

George Soros, The Rothchild financial hitman. Robber of 1bn pounds on black wednesday, Funder of BLM and funder of the aggressive rainbow ideaology.

Soldato
This kind of stuff is creeping into the workplace now as well. As if it's not bad enough being constantly lectured about "White Privilege" by the media, now we're getting it from employers. I just file all the stuff from that dept into the bin now.

Last edited:

RxR

RxR

Soldato
You directed that to me and Soros or another post? This is why you should quote.

My apologies, yes. I was relying on the next-in-sequence rule (there being no post between yours and mine) to indicate I was replying to your post.

That's not the most common protocol, I agree - to avoid causing unnecessary doubt, I should quote.

Caporegime
Sorry to bump a dreadful thread but I think this is possibly a good example of what people are talking about when it comes to “white privilege”... or “non-white disadvantage”?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-54281111

Sounds pretty humiliating, poor person.

Unfortunately it's the prejudicial consequence of a certain demographic being responsible for a disproportionate percentage of crime.

Is it also not because she looks very young?

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry to bump a dreadful thread but I think this is possibly a good example of what people are talking about when it comes to “white privilege”... or “non-white disadvantage”?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-54281111

Sounds pretty humiliating, poor person.

I've met white people who are darker than her when looking at the first image, were it not for the article clarifying as I read it I'd really not have known she was black were I forced to judge on that first picture alone.

Man of Honour
Unfortunately it's the prejudicial consequence of a certain demographic being responsible for a disproportionate percentage of crime.
I don’t doubt that is a contributory factor, but it is extremely unfair to the vast majority of black people that aren’t criminals.

Man of Honour
I'd be curious to know what proportion of black people attending court are there as lawyers/professionals rather than criminals.
Why would it matter? It is still prejudicial and treating someone differently based on race, is it not?

Also, I don’t really understand the whole “she doesn’t look black in the first photo... can’t be the reason”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...barrister-is-mistaken-for-defendant-b9nnw3qb2

Is she ‘black enough’ here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom