1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is wrong at Chelsea?

Discussion in 'The Football Stadium' started by GIBURROWS, 21 Feb 2021.

1. GIBURROWS

Mobster

After getting rid of Frank Lampard I assumed Chelsea would change style and up the tempo but after watching the last few games they still just pass side to side then backwards, maybe put a cross in now and then but other than that as an attacking force they seem so lacklustre.

Is it lack of passion, work rate or have the fans bought the hype on a lot of average players?

Of course Tuchel needs at least till next weekend before they get a new ringmaster at the circus.

2. JordanPickford

Sgarrista

The weekend!!??

They signed players like they were playing FIFA ultimate team and are now struggling to fit them all in. It will take time.

I am a bit puzzled as to why he's calling the players out all the time tho...

3. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

I did laugh that someone who managed Mbappe and Neymar had a go at Hudson-Odoi for his defensive discipline...

4. JordanPickford

Sgarrista

I don't get why he's doing it...did he do it in France??

5. sneakysnail

Wise Guy

Maybe now he has the freedom to do it. After being stuck with a bunch of pouty drama queens maybe he feels he can properly express himself and his opinions.

PSG must be pretty frustrating in that regard. Cant speak bad about Neymar or he'll pick up a phantom injury and run off to Brazil crying etc.

6. mmj_uk

Caporegime

Ever since Hazard left they have declined creatively but they're still 5th in the table so it's not exactly panic stations.

7. HangTime

Man of Honour

He's barely got his feet under the table, let's see how he gets on next season. When it comes to 'lacklustre attacking force' I'd say maybe there is a slight personnel issue; for whatever reason Werner doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard, Giroud is a decent centreforward but not the quickest, Abraham in and out of the team, and I think they have really missed Pulisic who I thought was excellent last season in terms of someone who would run with pace at defenders, making things happen.

8. fez

Capodecina

Its hard to judge people this season because there are a lot of teams that are underperforming massively but they are being saved by the general quality of the league this season.

If you put the classic top teams in the league into most seasons with these points totals after 25 games:

United 49
    Chelsea 43
    Liverpool 40
    Tottenham 36
    Arsenal 34

They wouldn't be having awful seasons. Some other teams are having decent seasons by their standards but the big clubs are almost all having quite sub-par seasons that are being mitigated by everyone else being equally as inconsistent. In a normal season, all 5 of those managers would be under a lot of pressure (excluding Chelsea obviously).

9. GIBURROWS

Mobster

United will be a test according to some but I myself have written this season off and will judge Tuchel after the opening game of next season!

10. fez

Capodecina

:p How very sporting of you. “Right, he’s lost the first game of the season, I’ve seen enough, get rid of him!”.

Today’s game is anyone’s Ole will do his normal tactics of trying not to lose against any of the other big 6 and hoping that his negative tactics somehow result in a win. We will probably be talking after the game about how we should have gone for the win. 1-1 draw written all over it.

11. Converge

Mobster

Ole? Tactics? What have you been smoking, Fez? :)