What is wrong?

Man of Honour
There's still 4 medals to come in the cycling alone (men's sprint, women's sprint, men's kierin, women's omnium). The first 3 are almost certain golds (Clancy, Pendleton and Hoy).

It is/was Jason Kenny in the mens sprint but I'd agree Team GB has a great chance in the remaining events in the velodrome. I just don't want to count them until they're actually won, sport can always offer up surprises.

I've got to say though Victoria Pendleton was looking very good tonight, she just blew away the other girl as if she wasn't there.

Soldato
This is looking good. We only need 8 medals of any colour to achieve the predicted target of going one better than beijing. And 1 more gold to match beijing. I'm sure that's doable?

This is how it stands as of this moment.

t8Vak.jpg

Soldato
I think we are living in halcion times, we will never see the likes of this performance again in our lifetime. I'm making sure I enjoy every last minute of it.

In fact I've just seen with the guaranteed boxing medals and the one guaranteed sailing we have reached our minimum target of 48 medals :D

Last edited:

NZB

NZB

Associate
edit, ignore, i was looking at the wrong tables

Just matched our gold total from Beijing, but a few more to go for total medal count.

With the medals we have guaranteed we're already at 48 ;) We have 4 in the bag from boxing and at least a silver from sailing atm.

Soldato
I've just seen that our Sports Minister Sports minister, Hugh Robertson, has had a bet with Kate Lundy the Aussie equivalent about who will come higher in the medal table and she will have to don Team GB gear and row the full course length at Eton Dorney just before the Paralympics :D

NZB

NZB

Associate
Even if we don't win any more than what we're already guaranteed we'd end the olympics with 52 medals. Getting another 8 and hitting 60 would be outstanding.

We have someone in each of tonight's boxing quarterfinals too, if they both get through to the semis then that's another 2 to the guaranteed list for a total of 7 on top of the 47 we already have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom