What is Your Favourite Gloss Paint?

Soldato
I've had good results with Leyland trade eggshell (oil based but significantly less shine than gloss), no yellowing 2 years later.
Look on the backs of doors that don't see sunlight. Oil based in fine as long as it visible as the sun keeps it white. The backs of my doors that had dressing gowns and stuff like that on showed significant yellowing.

Soldato
Look on the backs of doors that don't see sunlight. Oil based in fine as long as it visible as the sun keeps it white. The backs of my doors that had dressing gowns and stuff like that on showed significant yellowing.

Thanks I did not know this was a cause of oil paints yellowing, we have used it in the living and dining room which are well lit. The hallway area however is finished with a water based paint as I got impatient with the drying times :D

Associate
From personal experience I wouldn't use Dulux none drip Gloss again. While it doesn't drip it does yellow. I found it yellowed with no natural light / low light levels in less than 12 months. Sorry can't advise what to use though :p

Associate
Might give this a go in future! Does it not yellow?

Nope, and if you look closely you can still see the grain ever so slightly - lovely finish.

Ring up Dulux trade, I'll be surprised if they can't get it as there's nothing else quite like it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom