• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What is your VID Rating - Q6600 Post here!!!!

Soldato
Have re-overclocked, because of heat I've clocked her down to 3.2Ghz but now getting 8x400, 1.29V bios, 2hrs CPU mode OCCT stable, temps dont go above 65, so can live with that :) especially as I've been able to bring stable V down from 1.39/41 so 200 Mhz less for about 10% less voltage, probably better for the chip in the long run, can't remember which of my thermal pastes I used for this job, could ideally do with getting some compressed air on my zalman too as its a bit dusty.

Hopefully save me a little on the electricity bills as well, my old overclock got a lil too hot for OCCT under full load CPU test after a while, so perhaps the system will be more stable, although no major issues as it was.

Using the 8x multiplier as Im stable, and it means I can get a little more speed out of my RAM, hell won't really be noticeable, but every little helps :)

Last edited:
Associate
Q660012375pic.jpg

AC7 PRO with the heating up so imagine temps using a TRUE or the like!

Lowest vid on OCuk?:D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sum up.

Well to some this thread up.

VID Rating is almost nothing to do with how well you can overclock your chip.

Yes its true!

Soldato
Think vid does matter, if you read through you will see people with higher vid that canot clock as far as us with lower vids

What i can establish is lower vid q6600 should sell for more than the higher vids in mm :D

Associate
Well to some this thread up.

VID Rating is almost nothing to do with how well you can overclock your chip.

Yes its true!
I'd disagree with this one, there is a direct correlation between good overclocking chips and low VIDs (theres a database linked somewhere on the forum which shows just how easy it is to see this. Otherwise I doubt anyone enthusiastic enough about PCs to overclock would be silly enough to pay extra for a completely irrelevant number.

That said I agree with where you are coming from in that just because there is this correlation doesn't mean there are not anomalies, and of course a high VID can overclock well sometimes. Batch seems to be more important but not often this is information that's not as easily available.

Associate
Q6600 G0
8x450 (3.6 prime stable under air)
VID 1.24 CoreTemp (1.232 in CPU-z)
VCore 1.32

I agree that the chips VID has everything to do with a good OC (granted, sometimes this is not the case on some high VID chips). Certainly there are many other factors but the VID is right up there :D

Associate
Evening all,

On Vista Ultimate 64/Abit ix38quad gt/4GB Geil Black Dragon DDR2 @ 1104mhz, 5,5,5,15

vid2iu2.jpg

Not really tried to push it beyond 3.3ghz - been using this setup solid since september

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom