• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What is your VID Rating - Q6600 Post here!!!!

Caporegime
Have you ever clocked it much higher, my own is a 1.2750 vid chip bought from oc about 6-7 months ago, does 3.8ghz on just over 1.5 vcore, would be interesting to see how high yours would go:)

Associate
Have you ever clocked it much higher...

No not really, think i fiddled with 3.4 when i first got it but spent about 10 minutes with settings :)

Will definitely give it some more juice when i have some spare time in a couple of weeks; if anyone has any knowledge of the Q6600 and Abit ix38 quad gt at higher clocks (Volts etc) that would be very helpful :)

Soldato
Evening all,

On Vista Ultimate 64/Abit ix38quad gt/4GB Geil Black Dragon DDR2 @ 1104mhz, 5,5,5,15

[IM]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1600/vid2iu2.jpg[/IMG]

Not really tried to push it beyond 3.3ghz - been using this setup solid since september

Thats quite high vcore for a low clock like that ecspecially with such a low vid!

I can do 3.4 on 1.402 and my vid is higher than yours sig should really say 425 not 400 will get round to changing that

Soldato
I'd disagree with this one, there is a direct correlation between good overclocking chips and low VIDs (theres a database linked somewhere on the forum which shows just how easy it is to see this. Otherwise I doubt anyone enthusiastic enough about PCs to overclock would be silly enough to pay extra for a completely irrelevant number.

That said I agree with where you are coming from in that just because there is this correlation doesn't mean there are not anomalies, and of course a high VID can overclock well sometimes. Batch seems to be more important but not often this is information that's not as easily available.

If I were looking for a Q6600 I would look at batch and then VID..

Caporegime
L737B and L745A
Ive noticed this from reading various forum posts, the l737b chips crop up quite often, my own is an l803a746, which is a pretty late model chip, but thankfully it clocks pretty well, my vid is 1.2750, which is not to bad, i know im puting over 1.5 vcore through it for 3.8ghz, but my cooling setup is more than up to the task.

Back
Top Bottom