1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What language pack/software do I need for this?

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by AssaTM, 19 Oct 2009.

1. AssaTM

Hitman

Hey all, I wonder if any of you can see this by any chance "❤" it's a heart, but my PC just displays it either as a square box, or a "2764" kinda box, I just wondered what language pack/what files i'd need to install to see it? as it'd be kinda useful to be able to see things properly haha, thank you for your help ;D

2. asim18

Capodecina

webdings

Edit: nope, it's MS Gothic. :p

Last edited: 19 Oct 2009
  3. AssaTM

Hitman

Hmmm I have MS Gothic, but I still cant see it, weird ;(, but thank you for your help anyway ;D

4. Phatjayunoi

Mobster

Install East Asian languages?

I also have my Language for non-Unicode programs setting on Japanese, so I can see that heart or any other types of symbols fine. If I set it back to English, I won't be able to read it and have the same square box problem.

5. AssaTM

Hitman

I'll try that then thank you, I can install the East Asian Languages fine, but how would I go about changing the settings? or it'l do that for me? thank you for the help

6. Phatjayunoi

Mobster

Once you installed, restarted etc, come back here and check if you can see it. If not, try messing about with the Character Encoding settings. Assuming you are on Firefox, then it's View, Character Encoding.