What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
My guest bedroom is the only room on the middle floor that hasn't been decorated yet. I've spent the last few days sanding the hell out of it, caulking gaps on the woodwork, painting the ceiling and just finished painting the walls first thing this morning. Undercoat time soon after a coffee.

Excuse the sock, I stood in a bit of paint and didn't want to walk it through the new carpet on the hall.

rMpdP6hh.jpg

Soldato
Nice going @Delvis :D

Opened the washing machine door

IMG-20210503-200558.jpg

IMG-20210503-200550.jpg

IMG-20210503-200543.jpg
:D:cry:

Man of Honour
Finally got my first attempt at plastering into a paintable state, mist coated the plaster and got the first of 2 (potentially 3) coats on and then the heavens opened up! It's a window reveal so I've been forced to close the windows in the room and it's still wet to the touch 5 hours later :o

Annoyingly the weather was bone dry when I was sanding the wall which made the dust linger in the air. Even more annoying that this started as a simple DIY job to replace the silicone around the PVC windows and trim in my flat 3 weeks ago!

Caporegime
What fence paint is that @Delvis? Any secret, or was it a newer fence beforehand?

It is a new build fence so it's pre treated. Paint is below :)

You can see the original treatment on the kickboard actually

That actually looks like the French Grey that I also want!

Green shade of grey.

French Grey-Pale No. 161

https://www.paintdepot.co.uk/products/french-grey-pale-no-161

Nope, it's gentle willow :) from Johnstones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Johnstones...t&qid=1620108538&sprefix=gentle+willow&sr=8-2

Associate
My fence and garden door are plain untreated wood currently, waiting to see exactly what I end up getting in my lounge then considering painting them to match, but it will be autumn by then so outdoor painting and growing more hedges from clippings will all be next year.

Think I need a stack of biodegradable pots to start growing more border shrubs in. Then they can simply be planted along the garden wall for free landscaping.

Soldato
I have put together yet more flatpack rubbish. A desk and two stools this time.

One desk to go, but that means shifting an old wardrobe into the garage to free up space for the desk.

At least I fixed the garage roof slates last week, so the garage is now dry.

Soldato
After removing the door from the old washing machine - new one turned up today so needed plumbing in

IMG-20210505-143852.jpg

IMG-20210505-145920.jpg

IMG-20210505-145924.jpg

A bucket lol why did I not think of that crazy invention!

I recently replaced my machine also and no matter what I did that water pipe connection kept dripping slightly even though I had the isolation valve to the off position.

I ended up using a small plastic container and it got very full up.

Back
Top Bottom