What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Hey man I hope your health is OK - that certainly reads like a list from a man who is preparing for the worst :cry::p

I mean you may need those dodgy brackets/mystery screws/fittings and hinges one day?

Let me know if you want to talk x

I've been keeping those fittings for years, just in case. Time to test my luck!

I have a long list of jobs. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Finding mice poo all over the loft and in the elec meter cabinet outside too, so placing traps in the loft.

Though 1 of them won't be pooing again....

Soldato
Took out loads more brambles. It is a never ending task.

Also cut back and dug out two large forsythia bushes. The roots were fairly large, and i don't have an axe, so cut them with hammer and chisel. Not ideal, but it worked.

Also bottled up 20 litres of IPA. I used spraymalt this time, I place of brewer's sugar, so hope this tastes less cidery than the last lot.

Soldato
Saturday was a busy day. We had to empty the shed, move it onto the grass and put all the crap back in it. Not a fun job as the patio is very uneven and it was just the two of us so trying to slide the shed along the patio was absolutely no fun.

It had to be done though, we're having a new resin bound patio installed this week.

Man of Honour
Turned this:

E5-CB31-F2-3765-4-B21-95-BF-0-AB0-B916642-B.jpg

Into:

23-F728-E8-EF58-4080-B7-FB-7-B2-FD9-B525-D3.jpg

Few more things to finish tomorrow but it’s largely done.

Soldato
Spent the weekend drilling holes in the ceiling and floor to diagnose a slow leak (wet ceiling). Had to remove the toilet to drill a hole underneith to get to the boss pipe :o turns out I was only about 2cm from a gas pipe which was about 3mm under the floor so got lucky there :eek:

My bathroom and utility room is in bits, I'm sick of the smell of sewage but the end is in sight, looks like a leaky pipe adapter from the shower. Next job to figure out how to remove it as there's awkwardly a copper heating pipe blocking it's removal. Fighting me every step of the way. Happy days.

Man of Honour
It's 8x4, fits in the gap nicely although still a pain to sort the felt. Need someone lighter than me to get on the roof and tighten & tidy it up but it should be waterproof as it is. It's big enough to store the mower, garden tools and some other bits which frees up the garage to put my track car in.

Man of Honour
Sorting out of the whole house along with a nearly full skip. Amazingly the skip has been raided and emptied almost as quickly as I can fill it. It’s been raided daily, the first within 12 hours. Amazing.

Man of Honour
Looks like I’ll be moving all the sofas out of the house if clearabee don’t collect them as organised in the next hour or so. What a pain.

That’s assuming the new sofas even arrive tomorrow.

Edit: phew, collected. Now just need a sofa delivery as planned!

Last edited:
Caporegime
More slabs last night. Laying slabs really takes it out of me.

Is that something necessary? Due to the gap the shed is in that's going to be quite difficult to do.

You can always do it later. Just let it rain and see where the water runs off...chances are it may go off one end, splash into the shingle, make a hole then splash the mud under it.

So keep an eye on it.... definitely wouldn't want to be putting a gutter on it where it is right now, it would be a pain for sure :D

Soldato
You know what’s a terrible idea at 7pm at night. Deciding that it’s an ideal time to reroof the shed.

Have pulled most of the felt off to get an idea of how the osb board is underneath.
Rotten is the answer unfortunately. Was very scary balancing on the roof to get to the apex point. Having a 14x8 shed sucks when you have no help!

Back
Top Bottom