What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Fitted an "in cabinet" bin under the kitchen sink

IMG-20210801-162625.jpg

Soldato
lol, I give it a week before you get cross at emptying it every 5 minutes. Looks nice though.

Lol, thanks - we have a separate food waste bin and the recycling goes into the utility and out every day. I'm only intending 1 empty a day (fingers crossed!)

If you can afford a bigger space I converted a 600 mm space to a triple bin so we can have 1 general, 1 food and one recycling.

We have a separate food waste caddy which is on the adjacent cupboard (other side of the double) and still allows cleaning products, dishwasher tablets etc to be stored in the cupboard

I've got a bin smaller. 90% of the stuff gets recycled elsewhere. It's basically naff plastic packets that go in ours.

Yeah, we just shove all the packaging in the utility room and I sort it into the outside recycling boxes each night

Soldato
Lol, thanks - we have a separate food waste bin and the recycling goes into the utility and out every day. I'm only intending 1 empty a day (fingers crossed!)

We have a separate food waste caddy which is on the adjacent cupboard (other side of the double) and still allows cleaning products, dishwasher tablets etc to be stored in the cupboard

Yeah, we just shove all the packaging in the utility room and I sort it into the outside recycling boxes each night
This is what we got just for scale. I order a blank front to go over it, looks quite smart.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01CAIFYIW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title#

Soldato
Soldato
Cheers - we looked at something very similar and decided it was too big for what we need / want.

We could easily fill it but trying to get the kids to put the right things in the right places rather that everything in the one bin (or left on the worktop) lol
Mine are quite enjoying it, but our council recycle most things so it's quite easy for the kids to get it.

Soldato
Rubbed down and painted the garage door.

Also bottled up 20l of IPA. Wilko's "posh" IPA, with a little bag of dried hops- I'll report back on what it's like in a few weeks.

Soldato
Chaps!

How do I put a 45 degree bevel on a 9mm MDF board?

Edit: I've bought some router bits, they are 1/4"; is that the typical shank size? I inherited my Router about 13 years ago, no idea what the shank size is and it's in the shed (and it is raining).

Thanks!

Soldato
If it’s a full size router it will be 1/2” but you should have a 1/2” to 1/4” collet in the box. If you don’t you’ll be able to get one from screwfix etc. Smaller ‘palm’ router/trimmer will be 1/4”

track saw or table saw would have been the other obvious answer. Some circular saws can do it but it’s harder and less accurate.

Soldato
If it’s a full size router it will be 1/2” but you should have a 1/2” to 1/4” collet in the box. If you don’t you’ll be able to get one from screwfix etc. Smaller ‘palm’ router/trimmer will be 1/4”

track saw or table saw would have been the other obvious answer. Some circular saws can do it but it’s harder and less accurate.
Turns out it was 1/4". The Silverline stuff I got from Amazon for ~£16 was cracking. Made light work of it:
OpLSzVL.jpeg

Soldato
Spent around an hour this morning hoeing all the weeds out of the crazy paving at the front of the house. In the tipping rain.

I was under orders, as we have visitors tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom