What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Man jobs in the past?

I used to be a Tree Surgeon. I also worked in Conwy Timber Mills. That was real hard, and only REAL men worked there. We would take the piddle out of so-called hard men coming out of the army and walking out on their first day, in fact in the 3 years I was there I think Im safe to say that over 100 people didnt make it past the first day.

More recently, im a social worker so that doesnt count... Any pussy can do this job.

Soldato
Not all jobs in the army require being immensely strong.

Oh I agree, but in the cases that I was meaning, the arrogant attitude of the ones that came to work there, all showed themselves to be simply not cut out for it and simply found it to be too hard.

And I will admit.. It really was.

The only people that were working there were ex-criminals who could not get any other job. In many cases this turned out to be true.

Soldato
I changed my mousemat tio the ocuk one!

Need to really take a king size mattress to the tip, along with recycling but just cba!!

Soldato
Popped my drilling in to your own house cherry today. Fixed a garden hose reel next to the outside tap.

Also made some running repairs on our knackered fence. Need to get the whole thing replaced soon though. Can't wait for the discussions with the neighbours... Any tips?

Ordering a shed now too :cool:

Soldato
Carried out a garden waste sack for collection.
Good skills
icon14.gif

Associate
Not today, but last Saturday I was fixing my leaky gutter. So working at height with some very sticky, gooey stuff in a sealant gun. It hasn't rained yet, so I don't know if my efforts were in vain.

Unforunately, I was wearing my yellow, reflective, winter jacket, the one I cycle to work in, and I got sealant all over the sleeve. I'm going to have to buy a new one now. :(

Soldato
Recent man jobs:

Axe plus scrap wood = kindling
Kindling + matches = Lit the fire

Just waiting for some decent weather to get started in the garden.

Soldato
Fitted a couple of new cupboard doors on the airing cupboard. They've had a hole in one of the doors for about 2 years since I had a small fit of rage and put my foot through one of them!

Back
Top Bottom