What mods have you done to a car, then in later life thought ***

Soldato
A lesson to all that post on here - the most god aweful modifications, death penalty worthy even, but still legal number plate spacing.

Associate
OP
In my defence if any lol, it was going to be this half way down HM5/450 V12

http://www.hachache.com/bmw.html

The body work was all original Hamann done by Autovogue in Stafford, The engine etc was another £29,000 to get it the same as the HM5 which was around £89,000 direct off Hamann but I lost interest in it.

Associate
OP
Ah, "lexus lights", they were all the rage at the time, i almost put that style on my prelude at one point, very glad i saw sense :D
still got the drain pipe exhaust treatment :o thats been my worst addition through the years.

Got to be technical like in the day, they were DTM exhausts :)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Was that original Hamann? Impressive!

It looks absolutely horrendous today but I remember looking at those back in the day thinking how cool they were :cool: :o

You only have to look at Hamann today to see their styling is still over the top!

Associate
OP
This was my dads effort and I had to borrow this at 17 when I passed my test 36 years ago. That's how it was done in them days but my dad took it a bit to far, he was mad! It had massive twin exhausts and 205 tyres on the back lol.

re4MW6H.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I remember Hamann being a little ‘out there’ even back in the day.

I used to spend hours/days mooching through the AC Schnitzer catalogue. When I grew up and got my hands on an E36 M3, I was determined to turn it into a CLS widebody. I bought the ACS suspension first and fitted that. It was very low and almost undriveable in town. I think I wised up at that point and put it larger back to standard. Surprisingly good days haha.

Oh, and yes. Should’ve kept the skyline :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
When I was 21, I owned a Corolla GT twin cam (AE82). After a few months, I replaced the exhaust with a Janspeed. Post that, it was a question of how long a drive before giving myself and passengers a headache. Awful.
Shame really, as I loved the car so much that I bought another one 10 years later.

Soldato
Nothing too major, but I did spend a fortune* sticking a huge dual sub box in the boot of my Galant, and then spent the rest of the time I had the car being frustrated about the lack of boot space... *derp* :rolleyes:

* it wasn't actually a fortune, about £600 including the amps and wiring etc. but that seemed like a lot of money when I was 20 :D

Man of Honour
Thankfully I haven’t got any photographs of my first car. This thread, however, made me remember some of the quality OcUK member’s mods from about 20 years ago.

Anyone remember the chap with the Corsa with an arse?

Soldato
In my defence if any lol, it was going to be this half way down HM5/450 V12

http://www.hachache.com/bmw.html

The body work was all original Hamann done by Autovogue in Stafford, The engine etc was another £29,000 to get it the same as the HM5 which was around £89,000 direct off Hamann but I lost interest in it.
:cry: "In my defence it was like every other barry car" - all the looks, the badge but no performance.

Back
Top Bottom