1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What motherboard should I get?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by fps_kyle, 15 May 2006.

1. fps_kyle

Associate

I only have a price range of like £45 max. - Must ship to the UK! lol.
    Requirements are below :

AMD Athlon 64 Support (starting at 3000+/3200+ but will be upgrading to 3800+ so bare that in mind)
    1x PCI-Express x16
    2x PCI
    2x S-ATA
    1x IDE
    4 RAM Slots [184 DIMM]
    On-board sound (2.1 at least)
    Standard ATX preferable

Any recommendations? Thaaaaaaaaanks!

edit// whoops, my first post and I put it in the wrong topic ;/ Could someone move this to the Motherboards board please, lol - sorry.

2. Gashman

Mobster

ASrock Dual-SATA2 fits all those criteria and costs £43.42 in total, can't think of anything else at under £45

3. semi-pro waster

Man of Honour

Welcome to the forums, you don't have too many choices, technically almost none if you include shipping.

I'd probably pick something like the Asus A8N5X nForce4 as you have a good solid motherboard based on a proven chipset, however it is £50 even without shipping. Or maybe an ASRock but they are based on the ULi chipset which I don't think is quite as good.

4. hp7909

Soldato

• Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 (Socket 939 & Upgradable to AM2) AGP & PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-002-AK) £43.42 incl. VAT
    OcUK just put them up the other day, decent boards from what most people here say. Review here :D

Also thinking of picking up one since I still have a AGP graphics card :(

5. Gashman

Mobster

another thing going for them is they have that AM2 expansion thing as well, as well as PCI-E x16 and AGP, there a bargain at that price and there getting some good reviews

6. Teknodeamon

Gangster

there are some nice cheap 939 boards in the clearance and b grade section too

7. fps_kyle

Associate

Thanks for all the help guys :)

Much appreciated.