1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What new car

Discussion in 'Motors' started by HomZ, 10 May 2006.

1. HomZ

Wise Guy

evening guys & girls,

im shortly going to be wanting another car to replace my T reg 1.2 punto, im wanting a car with a bit more power, really starting to feal the lack of power in the punto now and fancy something quicker.

what would you lot recomend, i want something the similar size to a punto

ill have about 6k, would you reccomend a audi a3 thats the one that seems to shine for me at the moment.

2. Nozzer

Banned

If you're set on the A3, you should get a fairly decent 1.8T for that money. I wouldn't bother with anything other than the 1.8T in the A3 range...

3. HomZ

Wise Guy

well im open to suggestions, its my dad that will be buying it and i dont think he wants to spend 6k on a italian car as he aint a fiat fan, id happily have another punto although id like to try something else.

anything else ?

4. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

An Audi A3 is bigger than a Punto. Becuase it's an Audi, it'll also cost quite a lot more than any of the other similar cars, or for your money, it'll be older. It will also cost more to run and more to fix when it breaks.

Personally, something like a 3 door Ford Focus would make an excellent buy at this sort of money. The 2.0 16v is not expensive to insure and is certainly pokey coming from a 1.2 Punto.

5. [DOD]Asprilla

Capodecina

For the money you are spending the Audi will have nothing in the cabin either.

I went to look at a £10k one a few months ago and it was like sitting in the G-reg 996cc Fiesta I learnt to drive in.