What new Phone?

Caporegime
jhmaeng said:
Isn't i-mate just another selling brand for HTC, much like MDA, XDA, VPA, Qtek and Orange C/M series?

True all those phones are made by one company, and then the networks brand them with their own logos and slightly different looks.

Soldato
9761 said:
Hmm whats the difference between spv 550 and 600?
Not a great deal, the 600 has the newer version operating system, which as far as I'm aware doesn't add a great deal. They are pretty much equal in terms of functionality, although someone will tell me I'm wrong probably,

Soldato
The I-Mate SP5 is the same phone as the C600, but it has 1 distinct advantage... its got wifi. You will probably be able to find it for the same price as a c600 (free on some tarifs). If you don't care for wifi then the c600 does look better so i would go for that, but only if you don't want wifi.

Soldato
9761 said:
what could i use wifi for?
Browsing the internet for free in your own home through your phone (if you have wireless), and in public hotspots. Either that or leeching internet off of people who don't secure their networks (this is illegal don't do it ;) ). Given the QVGA screen, browsing on the phone isn't too unpleasant an experience.

Soldato
Yeah, just like what Stringy says :)

I'm waiting for the N80 to be released, so that if i just want to quickly check my gmail or ebay i can do so on my phone, without having to boot up the PC :D

Edit: Oh and yes, i am that lazy!

Soldato
I'd check out a Sony Ericsson k750i or w800i - lovely phones with nice 2 mega pixel cameras and music abilities. Great battery life too.

Not keen on the pda/laptop/phone in one jobs myself.

Soldato
OP
Im thinking about getting the orange spv M5000, looks good.

what you guys think?

Is it available on pay as you go or could I buy it off flebay and use it as Pay as you go with my own sim card?

cheers

Soldato
depends on the original phone, most ebay sellers will say if it is unlocked or not. For about £300 I would personally recommend the I-Mate SP5, or in other words the Wi-Fi enabled version of the Orange SPv C600. VERY Nice phone.

Soldato
OP
Well the phone I currently have is a motorola V500 on orange, the new phone im looking at is the orange SPV M5000. So it would be wise to get a unlocked phone then?

sorry if that all sounds noobish.

Back
Top Bottom