What on earth kind of food is this? (crazy Thai stuff + pics)

Soldato
William said:
Well he might not want to take somthing tasty and (possibly) hallucinogenic home so his mum could eat it would he. He would save it, as that honest little Carzy would never eat his stash of yellowing munchies.
is he comming back?

Soldato
OP
VeNT said:
is he comming back?

Nope, it's mine now.

William said:
Well he might not want to take somthing tasty and (possibly) hallucinogenic home so his mum could eat it would he. He would save it, as that honest little Carzy would never eat his stash of yellowing munchies.

I'd never touch anything that might affect my sensory perception. Definitely not. I'm very honest and innocent.

I would try it, but I don't want to die.

Soldato
MonkeyMan said:
I'm surprised you said that after your thread about all the weird things you've eaten before:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17574908

That looks nicer than roasted monkey to me! :p

Erm all those things i ate there aint weird, if anything i knew what i was eating then, in this case, i cant read chinese or the scribling on the packet hence me using common sense and deciding against it.

If i know what it was then yeah but i wont take chances on something that looks like manna from thailand.

Associate
Picture0116.jpg

?

Would work fine I'm sure :p

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Right ive done some looking into things.

The language on the packet is Thai.

I found this on google(notice the thai flag and his email address?)
http://www.thaitambon.com/tambon/tbmessage.asp?Topicid=041115213646&id=540601&forum_title=

Then i used a translator that came up with this:
http://www.thai2english.com/trans.html?query_id=153102

Which in that translation from the site i found the word "mulberry paper" Comes up in the title and in the desciption. Same as the Words "Shop" and "package"

mulberry paper in thai is written like this if it helps กระดาษสา

Associate
It's dried pork. Quite a popular snack in Thailand. Tastes quite nice, actually - albeit in a "MSG-packed, very bad for you" kind of way.

Must say, the variety that I've tried have always been uniformly beige, not with green bits (so I'm not quite sure whether those are off or just something else mixed in).

egt

egt

Associate
jhmaeng said:
Must say, the variety that I've tried have always been uniformly beige, not with green bits (so I'm not quite sure whether those are off or just something else mixed in).

Chicken/pork with basil leaves is very common in Thailand so it's probably dried basil leaves.

That dried stuff looks no where near as yucky as the fried cockroaches i tried while over there:

fried-cockroach.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I read a book about this australian bloke who got caught for smuggling heroine through Thailand and eventually got caught. He spent about 10 years in the most horrible Thai prisons. A reason so many westerners die in those prisons is because they don't eat the cockroaches and starve due to a lack of protein and fat.

Back
Top Bottom