1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What PC games are you playing?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by CaptainRAVE, 27 Feb 2011.

1. Frubeling

Wise Guy

Okay so I almost felt bad for buying Yakuza: Like a Dragon having already pre-ordered Cyberpunk and bought a handful of games at massive reductions, but damn
    This game is incredible

2. q974739

Wise Guy

Could you give me a description of that one? I've been warned not to look it up because of spoilers, but .. not sure that they were serious?

3. Frubeling

Wise Guy

I would definitely be very careful of spoilers as there are some HUGE ones

It's a third person open world game. You play as a young tribal woman some time in the 3000s after modern humanity and civilisation has vanished. There are animalistic machines
    That's about all I can tell you without spoiling anything

I highly recommend it. One of the best games I've played recently

4. ic1male

Caporegime

I hope it goes on sale tomorrow. I want to try it at 60 FPS.

5. Frubeling

Wise Guy

I've uninstalled for now but still have the expansion content to do and it only just fell short of £1/hr at full price. Those were particularly enjoyable hours though
    90 FPS max settings at 4K with a 3090, gorgeous too

6. q974739

Wise Guy

Fair. Ghana of the year - or stick with vanilla?

7. Stu999

Wise Guy

Looks a fun game but it's £55 on Steam. Will wait for a better price.

8. ic1male

Caporegime

Just finished Mass Effect 1 as the announcement of the new remaster wanted me to play it one last time "in the old way". It still looks pretty nice at 4K resolution and those >30fps are great. Beats 720p30 on the PS3. :p

It's going to be an interesting experience, something I've never done before. I'm going to try and kill as many of my crew as I can just to see what it's like in Mass Effect 3 when hardly any of them are around. Wrex and Ashley are dispatched. Now on to Mass Effect 2.

9. Frubeling

Wise Guy

I'm on chapter 5 about 10 hours in and I think there's 15 chapters total so yeah, I'd probably say to wait. I don't think it's gonna meet the £1/hr an hour mark at this rate. Lots of side content to pad the time though so who knows

10. Frubeling

Wise Guy

Pretty sure complete edition is the only one available on PC

11. Flik007

Gangster

Just started civ 6 again, 1 more turn................ 6 hours later.

12. TNA

Capodecina

I know exactly what you mean :D:D:D

13. COYS

Wise Guy

Metro 2033 Redux.

Finally have a system that can play it and damn it looks good in parts. I don't know if it assumed you've already played the original but i don't remember a tutorial about recharging the battery so got half way in before I realised my light wasn't crappy all the time!

Still, enjoying it a ton and looking forward to playing the other 2 over christmas

14. s k

Gangster

Destiny 2

15. PC777

Hitman

After beating Dark Souls again, I'm now on Dark Souls 3 again, turns out my save was gone so good excuse to start up. Feels easier going to DS3 from DS1.

Wrecked Ludyx Grudnyr on my first go, for those that don't know he's arguably the biggest roadblock in any game, but right at the start of the damn game, they make you solo it too as price of entry to the game proper.

Caused me grief on the Herald class to the point I almost quit the game when it released, but seems you can wreck it easily with the warrior class.

Features extremely precise gameplay and graphics style lacking from a lot of Western games. As an outside view of British and European medieval times they've done a better job than any Western developer in my view. Nothing quite gets that dank and dark castle atmosphere like the Souls games. Everything feels well put together likely because they did extremely thorough research. One of the helms you get in DS1 is a weird masked helm that was gifted to Henry 8th in 1511 by the Holy Roman Emperor Maximillian; there's some real elements of history in these games along with all the fantasy.

Also reading the Beserk manga, the main influence on the Dark Souls series which is full of extremely precise drawing style, particularly of weapons, armour, monsters and architecture that's reflected in the game series.

16. Zernath

Wise Guy

Currently waiting on Cyberpunk 2077. Bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider from GMG for £9.00, so I'll probably sink a few hours into it this week. Killing time so to speak. :D

17. Infidelus

Wise Guy

Can't seem to settle on one game at the moment so currently playing Trine 4, WoW, Project Cars, War for the Overworld, and I've just bought Desperados III so looking forward to that one after playing Shadow Tactics last year :)

18. Frubeling

Wise Guy

I retract this statement. 10 hours to get to chapter 5, but another 20 hours on and I'm still at the start of chapter 7

19. Torquar

Hitman

Control. I like this kind of hidden world setting, reminds me a bit of The Secret World.

20. m4cc45

Soldato

As it was on special offer for £3ish I bought Firewatch - I have it on different formats but wanted to play it in it's full glory on the PC. It's also a stunning little game so I don't mind going through it again.

M.