What PC games are you playing?

ne0

ne0

Associate
Nearing the end of HZD now...playing Frozen Wilds before doing the final mission. Having an absolute blast with this game and it's really challenging imo which is a good thing. Frozen Wilds is a step up in visuals especially environmental effects. And of course the HDR is sublime.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Rage 2 - £4.99

The game runs and looks great without any crashes. The combat is very good but the review points are valid. The story isn't there and the combat is broken up by "find the box" which gets old very quickly. Though for the price... sure.

Edit: The combat deserves a little more. The feel and sound of the weapons is brilliant and with a decent set of headphones it becomes truly impressive. Especially combined with the powers and upgrades.

RAGE2 has fantastic gameplay. If you enjoy shooting the crap out of things and blowing crap up then it's well worth a play through.

Associate
RDR2 a little. Doesn't really grab me.
Enjoyed Gaia Beyond briefly, although not much content yet unless I'm missing something.
Enjoyed XCOM Chimera squad but got through it quickly.
Playing Vaporum Lockdown which is fun in short spells.

Soldato
Started playing Control, which I didn't know much about, but which I've been interested in for a while. Really liking it so far - similar weirdness and atmosphere to Alan Wake (not surprising as it's the same studio.)

Associate
been playing Hell Let loose for a couple of weeks now even though ive had it installed for at least a couple of months. It might not be the most polished game yet but boy is it emersive. I ve played most fps games in this genre but this as got the most atmosphere in my opinion . When the s..t starts i dont think anything can touch it. yes some of the other games are up there for example squad but if you want ww2 and in your face this is it.......

Soldato
Just started playing Torchlight 2 as a playthrough. I adore this game. It ain't perfect but I just love the look of it and enjoy the game itself. Hoping to complete it over the coming weeks and then move onto Torchlight 3 which I own but am yet to play.

Associate
Spent ages whittling the second to last boss in Yakuza: Like a Dragon down to maybe 40% HP, only to have him OHKO Kasuga. Then I accidentally sent myself back to the start of the dungeon
Think I'm done for the day

Caporegime
Doom Eternal. Not sure what to make of this. I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the stuff (points here, points there, flame here, grenade there, etc.) that it's throwing at me. The scenery and artwork is very nice. The baddies, there are a lot of them and I keep dying on the wet-your-pants easy difficulty!

Soldato
Underrail. An isometric rpg very similar to the original Fallout 1 and 2, set in a post apocalyptic world. Plays in pretty much exactly the same way with even more skills and feats to choose from. Took me two full days to decide what character build to go for. It is apparently a notoriously difficult game, with multiple ways to bugger up your character if you choose non optimum level ups, but I will just see how it goes. I like what I see so far.

Soldato
Still reloading old saves and tinkering around in Pathfinder as I decide whether to install something else to play or wait and then grab Cyberpunk in a few days. I've not bought a game so close to release for, well, as long as I can remember, as I generally wait for some early patching to tidy them up and for the price to drop. I might treat myself this year, though. Can't decide. Still got Kingdom Come I was planning to play at some point this year as well...

Associate
Started playing Ni no Kuni 2 after that boss in Like a Dragon made me ragequit.
Expert difficulty is too hard (for a beginner at least), normal is too easy so playing on hard. Absolutely gorgeous game, really good use of HDR.
Annoyingly though I had to download a fan fixed executable to be able to use HDR in the game without making the monitor lose signal

I probably shouldn't have started another RPG with Cyberpunk only days away

Underrail. An isometric rpg very similar to the original Fallout 1 and 2, set in a post apocalyptic world. Plays in pretty much exactly the same way with even more skills and feats to choose from. Took me two full days to decide what character build to go for. It is apparently a notoriously difficult game, with multiple ways to bugger up your character if you choose non optimum level ups, but I will just see how it goes. I like what I see so far.
Absolute masterpiece of a game. Annoyingly a patch nerfed my build into the ground right as I was nearing the end of both the main story and the expansion and I never got round to finishing it

Soldato
Absolute masterpiece of a game. Annoyingly a patch nerfed my build into the ground right as I was nearing the end of both the main story and the expansion and I never got round to finishing it

So good I bought it twice. Literally. Bought it years ago on GoG and completely forgot about it. Then saw the DLC discounted in the recent Steam sale so went and bought the game on there. Then experienced a weird feeling of Deja Vu, and sure enough there it is in my GoG library., somehow along with the DLC as well. So I can't even claim I re-bought it on Steam just for the DLC price. Don't you just hate it when that happens? And yes, seems like the developer likes to tinker with the game on an ongoing basis, makes trying to follow build guides a bit of a nightmare. I've heard however that there is an official side branch you can opt into to use the prior version before the nerfs, so I guess you could transfer your save or character to that if need be, will probably be like a un-beta branch in Steam.

Associate
Associate
I've bought this today to try with the G2 reverb.

I've found the in game HUD (green flighty stuff) and the orange objective/vehicle markers break immersion making it unplayable for me.

Did that not bother you? Not sure if I've explained it very well.

No, that wasn't a problem for me. It's an arcade experience without a doubt, but so far I've found it to be a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom