What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Ah, it's that good is it? Will probably have a proper session with it tonight :)

It's been getting really good reviews for ages. It's just one of those games that's unlike anything around at the moment, and it's not the AAA stuff that seems to fall flat on its face more often than not. It's on my list of things to get around to playing, but it seems to be highly rated.

Caporegime
So I've been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition on PS4. A beautiful game even at 1080p30.

Thought I'd download the PC version (thanks Xbox Game Pass!) and my god. In 4K at max settings, it's simply incredible. Frame rate could only manage about 20fps but I ignored that just to soak in the majesty of the maps.

Man of Honour
My current daily rotation consists of Medieval Dynasty, Subnautica Below Zero, CoD Warzone and Metro Exodus. Depending upon the feedback/reviews, I may add Days Gone and/or Necromunda Hired Guns to the rotation in the next month

Associate
So I've been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition on PS4. A beautiful game even at 1080p30.

Thought I'd download the PC version (thanks Xbox Game Pass!) and my god. In 4K at max settings, it's simply incredible. Frame rate could only manage about 20fps but I ignored that just to soak in the majesty of the maps.
Couldn't get into Inquisition at all. Just felt like too much of a departure from the previous games

Playing Enter the Gungeon and Hollow Knight lately. Didnt realise you lost all your points on HK if you died twice. Lost over a 1000 points :(
Standard fare for so called "souls likes". You only get one chance to get your lost resources back

Associate

Ive been thinking of giving the Dragon Age games on game pass a go, as I’ve never played them before. Is Inquisition the most recent/best/best graphics?

Soldato
Played a bit more Disco Elysium. Some of the dialogue has you laughing out loud :p Trying to figure out a way past some huge hulking racist dude at the moment. I don't think my character is quite up to fighting him :p Really enjoying this so far.

Caporegime
Ive been thinking of giving the Dragon Age games on game pass a go, as I’ve never played them before. Is Inquisition the most recent/best/best graphics?

Yup. The others will seem a bit dated compared to Inquisition. If you have the time, it's worth starting at the beginning though. I think it took me about 25 hours each to do the first two (without the DLC) and probably it's going to take 125 to do Inquisition. :D

Associate
After trying to play RDR2 a couple times i think i am starting to get into it. Just got to Rhodes after several months of trying to get into it and stopping and starting.

I am really enjoying the sandbox, open worlds, where your decision counts kind of games.

Really loved Witcher 3, Cyberpunk and most recently Kingdom Come Deliverence so i hope this ticks the boxes like they did.

Other than that i am stuck with what to play - I play CoD Cold war occasionally to have that game just to pick up and put down but really hoping i get sucked into RDR2.

Associate
I wish I could understand that game as it looks interesting. I tried it on Xbox but hadn't got a clue what was going on. There doesn't seem to be any tutorial at all.

I know what you mean. Theres a small tutorial room but it just gives you the mechanincs of the game eg rolling to dodge etc. Im still not exactly sure what the buying system is all about. I didnt even realise for awhile id unlocked another room at the beginning where you purchase new guns and stuff.

Can anyone explain that? I use my points to buy a gun/item from the shop on the left at the start. But it just adds it to your book thing after the next run? Does that just mean it unlocks it so theres a chance itll be in your future runs or something?

Associate
Most recent and best graphics but FAR from the best game. That's still Origins

I know what you mean. Theres a small tutorial room but it just gives you the mechanincs of the game eg rolling to dodge etc. Im still not exactly sure what the buying system is all about. I didnt even realise for awhile id unlocked another room at the beginning where you purchase new guns and stuff.

Can anyone explain that? I use my points to buy a gun/item from the shop on the left at the start. But it just adds it to your book thing after the next run? Does that just mean it unlocks it so theres a chance itll be in your future runs or something?
That's right. Unlocked items get added to the spawn pool for future runs

Soldato
Signed up to game pass so I've just started Halo: MCC.

It's amazing when you switch between the classic graphics and the enhanced graphics and realise how basic the original graphics were. It's weird as in my head, I visualise all my memories as if they wers enhanced graphics, even though I'd never seen them until today.

Back
Top Bottom