What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
I'm playing through the Hitman Trilogy atm. I'd played most of the first game a few years back but now I'm playing through the first game in Hitman 2 and then maybe I'll get 3 on Epic, or wait til it comes out on steam not sure yet.

What a brilliant series though. Some amazing levels. On first play through I thought Colorado was poor but tbh it became my favourite this time.

The only thing the series fails on is the ridiculously confusing different editions so you never know what you are actually buying!

Associate
Been finding it hard to decide on/stick to one main thing lately. Been run down and tired since Covid (mn already having autoimmune biz going on) so most evenings I've ended up going for simple stuff.
Mini Metro, Superflight, Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes etc.
I have a new PC 2 weeks or so away so I've half a mind to wait for that then get around to some games I've had and wanted to try out for a while (who doesn't have a decent backlog these days?)
I might give Greedfall (XBGP) a try in the meantime to see what it's like at least since I just can't get DA: Inquisition to behave on my laptop.

Soldato
I just can't stick to a game these days, started Dishonored, Far Cry New Dawn, Valheim. Just can't keep going I just get bored of them.

Associate
Flicking between WH:TW2, CS:GO and Horizon Zero Dawn. Need uninstall my total war games though as they're massive time sinks and i have no self control.

HZD is on my wishlist for maybe winter sale this year (along with RE Village, Dying Light and TW: Warhammer 3)
I have heard, as a negative, that the travelling and side missions are pretty generic, even meh. On the bright side it does remind me of Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, which is a good thing.

I also used to have no self control with TW games but the last few... I dunno, I find them really hard to get into and sustain interest/momentum like I used to, and I've played that series since the start. I think some of the newer mechanics (I missed the progression through Rome 2/Attila, which I have since but haven't played) throw me off track and I can't quite get used to the sum of them. I spend more time learning stuff and remembering it than I do with the more dynamic aspects of the experience. A shame cos the combination of TW and WFB (been a GW fan since the early 90's too) is perfect.
On the other hand, I had a go at Medieval 2 a few months ago and it was like I hadn't been away from it for 8 years.

Associate
I just can't stick to a game these days, started Dishonored, Far Cry New Dawn, Valheim. Just can't keep going I just get bored of them.

Same here with both Dishonored and Far Cry games in general. With Far Cry that's fair enough tbh, we all know what we're gonna get with those by now and once you've played a couple no surprises re the others, but Dishonored was really good in many ways... I just couldn't stick with it after a few hours in.

Soldato
I have heard, as a negative, that the travelling and side missions are pretty generic, even meh. On the bright side it does remind me of Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, which is a good thing.

I wouldn't say that at all. It's a stunning game. I really can't think of many negatives worth mentioning about it tbh.... Maybe the Mele combat could have been a bit better but you don't do it that much tbh.

It has one of the best, and best looking gameworlds ever imo, and a brilliant story.

Soldato
Same here with both Dishonored and Far Cry games in general. With Far Cry that's fair enough tbh, we all know what we're gonna get with those by now and once you've played a couple no surprises re the others, but Dishonored was really good in many ways... I just couldn't stick with it after a few hours in.
I'm finding it the same with all games these days though, can't think of the last game I completed. Possibly Fallout 4.

Associate
I'm finding it the same with all games these days though, can't think of the last game I completed. Possibly Fallout 4.

Last one completed for me was Dead Space 3 a couple of weeks ago. I know it's an oldie now but I missed it years ago and had to know how the story ended.
Aside from that, in the last year or so I got through Resident Evil 2 (remake) and VII, and that's it. Shadow of the Tomb Raider I'm most of the way through I think but I started that early 2020. Aside from those I've started and quickly stopped a few campaigns in a couple of Total War games (Warhammer 2 and Three Kingdoms) and I've started/tested a few others to see how they go but haven't come close to finishing any.

Not really a whole lot to show for the time spent at the desk but tbh I either find it hard to get into things or burn out when I do with a vengeance.

Associate
Just downloading ultimate admiral age of sail. Looks like a good old fashioned RTS!

It's not... not exactly an old fashioned RTS but something... better.

If you ever played Ultimate General: Civil War you'll have a good idea of what it's like, if not wishlist it. It's awesome, best ACW game for a long time.

Associate
Signed up to game pass so I've just started Halo: MCC.

It's amazing when you switch between the classic graphics and the enhanced graphics and realise how basic the original graphics were. It's weird as in my head, I visualise all my memories as if they wers enhanced graphics, even though I'd never seen them until today.

It was something else when it arrived on the original X Box. I've rarely ever had my mind blown as much by a new game (whether or not it was on a new system/had new ideas etc) but Halo: CE was a blast and one of very, very few games of vintage that I'd happily still play now. It'd be a shoo in for any top 10 fave games list I'd make, and there'd be a lot of competition for that list (maybe that should be top 20? though Halo would still make top 5 for the nostalgia feels)

That aside, one of the reasons I got gamepass was to do the Halo collection (in particular, Reach again and ODST for the first time) but it wouldn't work for me. Dunno why but oh well, gamepass has EA Play now so forgiven.

Soldato
Got another SSD and installed some of my older games again as I had the space. Fired up Dying Light for the first time in like 2 years, just done the museum and sewers parts and absolutely loving it. The game is so well optimised it runs over 100FPS. It's now really hard for me to understand why I stopped playing it. I also have some DLC to do after the main game as I bought the bundle in a steam sale way back.

Also still playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly which is like nothing else.

Soldato
I got Ultimate Game Pass for a £1 trial as I'm getting fed up paying for games that I just can't take to.

I've used the facility for about 3 days, can't find anything I want to play, so the rig has been mining ETH 24/7 this past week. I'm finding the crypto game much more exciting than any title released this year.

I'm hoping to get some racing SIM action done before the weekend is out. :)

Back
Top Bottom