What PC games are you playing?

Man of Honour
Wow! That was unintentionally hilarious!

The gist of it :
- got covid
- too fatigued to concentrate on action games (i had been playing sekiro pre-covid)
-could cope with turn based wasteland 3

I got the gist of it. My guess was that you typoed 'v' for 'c' (or maybe 'vi' for 'co', which would still only require a 1 key misplacement of fingers) when you intended to type "couldn't" and autocomplete made it 'virulent' because you'd been looking at stuff about covid recently. The 'co' for the beginning of 'could' might autocomplete to 'corks' if you've been looking at something related to cork recently. Wine? Sound dampening material?

I finished it yesterday. I really liked the closing song and the way it had been adapted to my actions and choices.

I'd recommend Wasteland 2 next if you haven't already played it. It's very similar to WL3. I thought 2 was better than 3, but they're very close. I played WL2 Director's Cut version.

The best game of this type I've played is ATOM RPG. Not well known, probably because it's made by a Russian indie dev. Maybe it's well known in Russia. It's fully translated into English with the exception of signs in the gameworld (which wouldn't make sense to translate as the game is set in Russia). I would definitely rate it higher than WL2 and WL3 (both of which I liked a lot). It's also only £11. That's its standard price, not on sale. I liked it enough to buy the supporters pack, which is honestly labelled as being primarily a way to voluntarily send extra money to the devs. Most devs would call it a DLC because it's an outfit and a weapon, but AtomTeam are more honest. The sequel, Trudograd, is currently on pre-release v0.92, so it's nearly at release version. It's already complete. Unlke many devs, AtomTeam bugfix and balance before calling the game a release version.

Another game in a somewhat similar vein that I played and enjoyed recently was Dead State Reaniminated. Older, less polished, a bit more emphasis on base-building and civilian leadership.

Another turn-based and squad-based game I enjoyed recently was Dead Age. Much simpler, almost something you might see in a Flash browser game, but I thought it was well implemented and worth the low price. I'm currently playing the sequel, Dead Age 2, which is more complex.

Associate
Finished the main story of Monster Hunter Stories 2 so putting it somewhat on the backburner for now.
Picked up Battletech: Mercenary Collection for barely over a tenner on GoG yesterday because they had it 80% off (deal has ended now unfortunately) so giving that a proper go after the last time I played the base game for barely a few hours illegitimately

Associate
Finished the main story of Monster Hunter Stories 2 so putting it somewhat on the backburner for now.
Picked up Battletech: Mercenary Collection for barely over a tenner on GoG yesterday because they had it 80% off (deal has ended now unfortunately) so giving that a proper go after the last time I played the base game for barely a few hours illegitimately
I spent over a million C notes on a mech part barely days into the campaign and haven't recovered financially since

Soldato
As per my post in one of the other threads, dividing my time between OOTP Baseball 21 and Snowrunner.

I got off to a false start with OOTP, actually refunded it but then recanted and put it back on again. It’s very complex, probably more so than our football management games, but then baseball is a fairly simple game surrounded by a horrendously complex management structure. Started with a historical minor league team and taking baby steps. The myriad of screens, charts and stats is enough to trigger a visual spasm but the match play itself is quite intriguing, if not exactly EA Sports standard of graphics.

Associate
Was worried a few days ago that I was about to burn out on games, then I found Mini Healer and WOW
Under £6 and not the longest game but the depth here is astounding. That said, the Guardian bosses are such a difficulty spike it's jarring

Also started up Pathfinder: Kingmaker as I told myself I have to play it to get used to the combat which I couldn't get into the first time before Wrath of the Righteous comes out
Only to remember this one had turn based mode as well. So now I'm playing turn based just to enjoy the game

Soldato
I'm playing Attila Total War Western Roman Empire Campaign on very hard difficulty and so far the campaign deserves that mockier as it's very hard to hold back the never ending waves or barbarian attacks and that's before the Huns show up. So far I've re-started my campaign about 5 times trying different tactics and the only one that works is basically turning the game into Rome 2 by abandoning every province outside of Italy (most have gone to the rack and ruin anyway), invest the cash into infrastructure and consolidate my armies to defend the Italian peninsula and push out from there.

The game mechanics are different as well, there's much more emphasis on armies with cavalry a lot of which can simply smash infantry based roman armies.

Soldato
Days Gone: great visuals and performance, but I'm struggling to keep going as it's very repetitive.

Sekiro: can't get past the first area, just too difficult

Cyberpunk: early days as I've just started it, but so far so good. :)

Soldato
Just starting Grim Dawn Definitive Edition.

Been away from PC gaming for years and hadn't heard of it but saw someone recommending it in another thread so here goes.

Soldato
Just starting Grim Dawn Definitive Edition.

Been away from PC gaming for years and hadn't heard of it but saw someone recommending it in another thread so here goes.
There is a lot, and I mean A LOT, of loot dropping in this game so if you want to make life slightly easier for yourself, I would suggest to install this tool: Rainbow Filter. It's relative easy to install and you wont miss some weapons or items that are extra rare. But of course, just a suggestion so feel free to ignore it if you want. :p :cool:

And incase you missed there is also a thread over here about the game: Grim Dawn - ARPG

Associate
Just finished act 2 of Pathfinder: Kingmaker before realising I'd missed picking up Jubilost and am now locked out of getting him, plus Delgado is dead so no Treasurer for me. Rage quit and uninstalled before finding out the DLC companion can be treasurer, otherwise I'd have been waiting until Act 4 to get one.
Gotta cram the rest of the game before Wrath of the Righteous comes out. This is so much better in turn based mode than when I tried to play it as RTwP

Associate
Days Gone: great visuals and performance, but I'm struggling to keep going as it's very repetitive.

Sekiro: can't get past the first area, just too difficult

Cyberpunk: early days as I've just started it, but so far so good. :)

There's a mod for Sekiro on nexus that makes the game easier.. if that's your thing. :D

Back
Top Bottom