Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kroegen, 28 May 2006.
As the title says
Me: Im mixed race
I'm a human being
Im Australian but im decended from all english people from around devon and cornwall
So im Anglo(i think)
Wouldnt german be your ethnicity?
I'm as English as warm beer with wasps in.
Woooo, that was exciting!
Actually, isn't English my nationality rather than my ethnicity? Dunno.
thatd be british
Odd question. I'm of the human race technically.
Ethnicity wise, I'm Anglo-Mauritian.
Why do people always make that human race comment?
I dunno. I reckon that 'human' is your species, not your ethnicity.
I still haven't figured out what my ethnicity is - if my nationality is British, does that make my ethnicity English? How about Caucasian? It's all very confusing.
Because that is what my race is. As opposed to Chimpanzee.
Because they're trying to be clever?
That'd be your species wouldn't it?
How do you define race then *runs off to find dictionary*.
1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
3. A genealogical line; a lineage.
4. Humans considered as a group.
1. An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies.
2. A breed or strain, as of domestic animals.
6. A distinguishing or characteristic quality, such as the flavor of a wine.
Yay ambiguity! I'm sure philosphers waste many sunny afternoons debating this one, but I'd settle for answer one.
In which case both my ethnicity and race is Anglo-Mauritian
Its hard to define...
but the human race is just a nice tagline....and only really makes sense if there were other advanced beings around...which is why you usually only find 'the human race' in sci fi and space related stuff
Well in that case, im, prussian, hispanic
Why do you care?
This is the burning question
Separate names with a comma.