What race are you?!

Soldato
Sequoia said:
I must admit, that was exactly my reaction.

It didn't strike me that the OP had an ulterior motive but I wonder why it should matter to anyone and if it does will someone (not nessesarily the OP) use me declaring my race as ammunition in future or look on me in a different way?

One of the joys of an internet forum is that views are seen to a certain extent in isolation and in the merit of the statement itself rather than the background of the poster. Sorry this probably sounds a bit OTT but in isolation what the hell does someones race matter?

MB

Soldato
Matblack said:
It didn't strike me that the OP had an ulterior motive but I wonder why it should matter to anyone and if it does will someone (not nessesarily the OP) use me declaring my race as ammunition in future or look on me in a different way?

One of the joys of an internet forum is that views are seen to a certain extent in isolation and in the merit of the statement itself rather than the background of the poster. Sorry this probably sounds a bit OTT but in isolation what the hell does someones race matter?

MB

It doesnt matter a jot..so why are people concerned about telling people? :o

I doubt very much the OP even cared but rather just wanted to make a thread. Or perhaps was interested in the international makeup of the forum

Wise Guy
Permabanned
Matblack said:

Precisely my interpretation, MB. One of the things I like about forums is that you know little or nothing about the people, beyond what they choose to tell you, so you can't form any preconceptions, based on age, gender, race, nationality, religion, creed, etc. That means if you're discussing an issue, you can only go on what people say.

Sometimes, I've been very surprised (and impressed) to find out that, based on what they say, someone isn't older than they are. Sometimes, I've been astonished that someone is as old as they are, because I've have guessed a lot younger ..... like about 12. :eek:

Which, when you think about it, proves the dangers of preconceptions about age. :) Or, I suppose, it proves I have lousy judgement. :D

Soldato
Balddog said:
It doesnt matter a jot..so why are people concerned about telling people? :o

I doubt very much the OP even cared but rather just wanted to make a thread. Or perhaps was interested in the international makeup of the forum

I'm not

Else I wouldn't allow my picture to be published in the gallery :p

MB

Back
Top Bottom