What race are you?!

Soldato
Hello

British Indian here :)
My mum and dad were Indian, born in India.
I was born in UK, West Yorkshire. But I currently live in London :)

Edit: I'm Caucasian :D

Last edited:
Soldato
AJUK said:
British Indian is not a 'race' it is where your origins are. You are a Caucasian.

Race - A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.

:)

You are discussing Phenotype. :)

Man of Honour
No, a phenotype is a characteristic of an organism based on environmental factors. For instance, Northern European Caucasians tend to have fairer colouring than Southern Europeans due to the differing environment, but they are both still Caucasiods.

Soldato
AJUK said:
No, a phenotype is a characteristic of an organism based on environmental factors. For instance, Northern European Caucasians tend to have fairer colouring than Southern Europeans due to the differing environment, but they are both still Caucasiods.

Phenotype is also genetic. What we are talking about in your three large catagories is three broad phenotypes which have slight variations due to environmental factors.

Man of Honour
AJUK said:
On a side issue, I really hate these devisive labels such as British Indian or African American, you cannot be form two different places, your are from one or the other, again, make a choice and when you have made it, if it is different from the country you live in, sod off back to the one you chose.

I'm Irish, from Irish blood but I live in England for most of the year whilst I work. There's nothing English or British about me and there never will be. Should I sod off back to Ireland?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Scuzi said:
I'm Irish, from Irish blood but I live in England for most of the year whilst I work. There's nothing English or British about me and there never will be. Should I sod off back to Ireland?

Yes, where the beer flows thick and black :p

Edit: Technically wouldnt being

English be Anglo, Saxon, or ango-saxon

Scottish be Celtic, or Viking(Norman :confused: )

Irish be Celtic

Welsh be Underachievers?

Last edited:

Zip

Zip

Soldato
crunchman said:
**** :mad: We're Celts.

And you're a convict I take it ? ;)

I'm from one of the 2 non convict states/territories ;)
My family come over as immigrants AFAIK

TBH, i didnt know what the welsh were or know anything hugely important they did so i just rote down what came to my head :p

Back
Top Bottom