What race are you?!

Man of Honour
William said:
I thought you were Scousers that could swim.

Scousers are Irishmen that could swim, or could afford the boat over. I'd just like to clarify that they're a few generations removed and that we are differen't people ;)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
William said:
Since nationality and history and race are linked then surely a national born Canadian can be a race?

Canadians would be either Norman, Celt or Anglo-saxon :)

Same as people in Australia unless they are Aboriganal(the natives)

Its the origan of your family and the type of people you come from

Soldato
Hahah, prehaps therefore Mancs are Scousers who could be bothered to steal car wheels from further than the end of their street. :D

Zip said:
Canadians would be either Norman, Celt or Anglo-saxon

Same as people in Australia unless they are Aboriganal(the natives)

Its the origan of your family and the type of people you come from

But why, you can have the German race but Germany wasn't unified until the late 19th Century, you can have the Italian Race but Italy wasn't unified until 1872. There is no nation of Normandy, no Celtic tribes and Anglo-Saxon is now called the English Race?

If you are going to take race from a nation that once exisisted why not a new one?

Last edited:
Soldato
Zip said:
Yes, where the beer flows thick and black :p
Edit: Technically wouldnt being
English be Anglo, Saxon, or ango-saxon
Scottish be Celtic, or Viking(Norman :confused: )
Irish be Celtic
Welsh be Underachievers?

Hmm the Picks in there too... not to mention the Vikings also ransacked the Emerald Isle too.

Um me? English, 13th Century at least..
Colour - too pale according to my gf!

Man of Honour
NickK said:
not to mention the Vikings also ransacked the Emerald Isle too.

They did indeed. A lot of people from the southwest and west of the island (Cork, Kerry, Connemarra etc) also have Spanish and Moroccan roots. It can be seen today as in the coastal regions, a lot of the people are of a very slightly darker complexion, have dark hair and are 'dark' around the eyes.

Soldato
eXSBass said:
British Indian here :)
My mum and dad were Indian, born in India.
I was born in UK, West Yorkshire. But I currently live in London :)

Edit: I'm Caucasian :D

Hang on am I'm Caucasian too?

/Goes to look in dictionary.

Soldato
Caucasian, mongoloid and negroid havent been used seriously in a long time..for good reason. We have moved beyond 19th century ideas on race.

Well...almost :o

egt

egt

Associate
Zip said:
Edit: Technically wouldnt being
English be Anglo, Saxon, or ango-saxon?

Quote:

"The term Anglo-Saxon is a relatively modern one. It refers to settlers from the German regions of Angeln and Saxony, who made their way over to Britain after the fall of the Roman Empire around AD 410".

No matter how "British" you believe you are, we're all just big a mix up of German, Swedish, Italian, French etc etc.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Balddog said:
Caucasian,

I heard this the other day off my workmate and he swears its the honest truth.
His wife comes from cheadle and here in Stoke, Cheadle women are known for being a bit thick.
They've been married for many years and one night after watching some TV program she asked him -
"Does that part of Ireland have a lot of blacks?"
"What are you on about?"
"That part of Ireland, there seems to be a lot that come from there?"
"I haven't got a clue what you're on about"
"You know, those Cork Asians"

:D

Soldato
Balddog said:
Caucasian, mongoloid and negroid havent been used seriously in a long time..for good reason. We have moved beyond 19th century ideas on race.

Well...almost :o
They are pretty useless terms. They are far too general to really be meaningful. But then again the whole notion of race is quite meaningless these days because the lines are just too blurred. Hence to make things simpler I'm going to refer to race as meaning the colour of your skin and nothing else. That means my race is lightish-pink. As for my ethnicity I'm very much english. Maybe 1/4096 french or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom