What race are you?!

Zip

Zip

Soldato
William said:
But why, you can have the German race but Germany wasn't unified until the late 19th Century, you can have the Italian Race but Italy wasn't unified until 1872. There is no nation of Normandy, no Celtic tribes and Anglo-Saxon is now called the English Race?

If you are going to take race from a nation that once exisisted why not a new one?

The German race isnt because of the country German. Back in the old day that how region was full of "Germanic" Tribes.
Thats why the German race has been around longer then the country Germany itself

Zip

Zip

Soldato
William said:
I thought that Germanic was a modern term applied to the use of those tribes which were Teutonic in nature?

Germanic tribes was a name given to most barbaric tribes back in the good ol' days.
The Teutons, the Huns, the others that i cant remember :p But its basically given to the tribes that lived on the move :)

I think, been awhile since i last was a documentary :p

And yes ive watched many documentaries about all this :o

Soldato
Zip said:
Germanic tribes was a name given to most barbaric tribes back in the good ol' days.
The Teutons, the Huns, the others that i cant remember :p But its basically given to the tribes that lived on the move :)

I think, been awhile since i last was a documentary :p

And yes ive watched many documentaries about all this :o

Ahhh interesting I will turn on UK History Gold.

I still stick by my race/nation idea because I am stubborn. :p

Zip

Zip

Soldato
William said:
Ahhh interesting I will turn on UK History Gold.

I still stick by my race/nation idea because I am stubborn. :p

Just got the list of germanic tribes off of Wiki :)

A

Adogit, Adrabaecampi, Aelvaeones, Aeragnaricii, Ahelmil, Alamanni or Alemanni, Ambrones, Ampsivarii or Ampsivari, Angles, Angrivarii or Angrivari, Arochi, Augandzi, Avarpi, Aviones

B

Baemi, Banochaemae, Batavii or Batavi, Batini, Bavarii, Bergio, Brisgavi, Brondings, Bructeri, Burgundiones, Buri

C

Calucones, Canninefates, Casuari, Caritni, Chaedini, Chaemae, Chaetuori, Chali, Chamavi, Charudes, Chasuarii, Chattuarii, Chauci, Cherusci, Chatti, Cimbri, Cobandi, Condrusi, Corconti, Curiones

D

Danduti, Dani, Dauciones, Diduni, Dulgubnii

E

Eburones, Eudoses, Eunixi, Evagre

F

Favonae, Fervir, Finni, Firaesi, Forsi, Franks, Frisians, Fundusi

G

Gambrivii, Gauthigoth, Geats, Gepidae, Goths, Grannii

H

Hallin, Harii, Harudes, Hasdingi, Helisii, Helveconae, Heruli, Hermunduri, Hilleviones, Horder

I

Ingriones, Ingvaeones (North Sea Germans), Intuergi, Irminones (Elbe Germans), Istvaeones (Rhine-Weser Germans)

J

Jutes, Juthungi

L

Lacringi, Landi, Lemovii, Levoni, Lombards or Langobardes, Liothida, Lugii

M

Manimi, Marcomanni, Marsi, Marsigni, Marvingi, Mattiaci, Mixi, Mugilones

N

Naharvali, Narisci or Naristi, Nemetes, Nertereanes, Nervii, Njars, Norn, Nuitones

O

Ostrogoths, Otingis

P

Parmaecampi, Pharodini

Q

Quadi

R

Racatae, Racatriae, Ranii, Raumarici, Reudigni, Rugii, Ruticli

S

Sabalingi, Saxons, Scirii, Segni, Semnoni or Semnones, Sibini, Sidini, Sigulones, Silingi, Sitones, Suarini, Suebi or Suevi, Suetidi, Suiones, Sugambri

T

Taetel, Tencteri, Teuriochaemae, Teutonoari, Teutons, Theustes, Thuringii, Toxandri, Treveri, Triboci, Tubantes, Tungri, Turcilingi, Turoni

U

Ubii, Ulmerugi, Usipetes, Usipi or Usippi

V

Vagoth, Vandals, Vangiones, Vargiones, Varini, Varisci, Vinoviloth, Viruni, Visburgi, Visigoths, Vispi

Z

Zumi

Basically they are just the people that were referred as barbaric tribes that lived across Europe and lived on the move and migrated with the seasons to the best place to live for that part of the year:)

Last edited:
Soldato
AJUK said:
There are essentially only three races, although there are several subcategories. All human beings are one of three general classifications:

Caucasian (white, indian subcontinent, latino and arab)
Negroid (black)
Mongoloid (south and north east Asian and native Americans)

lol I cannot imagine anyone saying "Im negriod" or "IM mongoloid" lol :p

Mat raises a valid point but, whatca ya gonna do eh!

Back
Top Bottom