1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What resolution for DOD: Source?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Whoop, 9 Mar 2006.

1. Whoop

Wise Guy

Hi,

I've just replaced my graphics card with a Nvidia 6800 GS OC and I don't know what resolution I should be in for DOD:S

I get around 20-30 fps on 1600x1200 with max settings which is a bit extreme lol (only for test purpose), I used to use 1024x768 but is there a better option??

Its on a Mitsubishi 930SB monitor by the way, I love crt :)

Whoop

2. geiger

Mobster

If you havent changed the monitor then keep the res the same or close to it I think. What size screen is it

3. DaveyD

Man of Honour

Whatever res you feel happy with.

Everybody is different, some people like the higher res and less frames per second, some like the lower res and more frames per second. Depends on you, and how much it bothers you and how much detail you want and playability from the game.

IIRC, 1280x960 is the 'native/optimal' resolution for the 930SB, but it really doesn't matter that much as those monitors are cracking at any res.

4. Whoop

Wise Guy

Thats kinda what I was wondering, I had it fixed in my head that 1280x960 is an abnormal res for a 4:9 screen :o

Whoop