What should I upgrade for my gaming & streaming PC?

Associate
Hi all!

I'm planning on upgrading my PC as I'm getting bottlenecked on CPU when streaming gameplay. Looking at afterburner, GPU sits at 70% and the CPU 90%, the game becomes very jerky and its irritating to play. Normal gaming is fine on high/ultra settings and pumps out good FPS, but its really struggling when I get the stream going.

I started to look at buying a new processor and quickly realised upgrading to i9-9900k or i7-10700k is going to be a more significant change. I would need a new CPU, new motherboard, new cooling system and a more powerful PCU (650-750) so I can overclock.

I was wondering what the best way forward is, are there any better upgrades I can make without going through a such a significant upgrade as its the CPU performance I'm chasing.

Processor: Intel i7-6700 w/ standard fan
PCU: Corsair 550M
GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 1080
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
MB: Asus Z170-PRO-GAMING
SSD:
Samsung EVO 500GB

Thanks! :)

Man of Honour
Unfortunately your stuck on 4 core platform where you would need 6 cores min to game and stream comfortably. You dont need to get such a high end cpu like the 9900k.

You could still keep your psu, case, ssd and graphics card and just get a cpu, motherboard and memory .

Ryzen 3600 6 core , b450 motherboard and 16gb of ram can be had for aprox £350.

Back
Top Bottom