what should i upgrade too?

Associate
i have a Intel core i5 7600k and im not sure what to upgrade it too. ive upgraded all of my other parts over the past few months but this is the one this im stuck on. any suggestion?

Soldato
You might need to give us the rest of your PC spec so we can help suggest upgrade options - we are not magicians... :D

i.e. your current motherboard, RAM, graphics card, hard drives, SSDs, power supply etc - will give us all a good idea what's a sensible choice.

Soldato
No worries mate - what do you use your PC for, just gaming or? Anything intensive like video editing, 3D modeling etc?

If gaming, what sorta games do you currently play (or intend to play in future)?

EDIT: What parts did you upgrade recently as well btw out of interest?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
its just for gaming and ive 'upgraded' all of the other parts.
atm im playing fortnite (like everyone else ) , destiny 2 , black ops 3 , war zone and just the newer fps games in general

Soldato
CPU is still fairly decent atm. I'd probably just go with a GPU upgrade for now like a 5700 XT, my only concern is you should really find out what PSU you have? :D

As newer GPUs require a bit more beef under the hood. If it's not powerful enough then you could get a new GPU and it may either not boot, cause crashes, be unstable, have artifacts in games etc...

There should be a sticker on the side of the PSU if you could take a look? Just the make/model will do, or a photo of the side label will help if you're unsure.

Do you know what case you have as well? Some of the 5700 XT are quite long, so need to check for clearance too, otherwise it won't fit!

Soldato
Just look on the label of the PSU mate - can you see it through the case, does it have a window so you can see inside? It might be covered up (or you don't have a window case).

If not, take the case side panel of - PSU will be at the bottom (or top if an old case) with a label on it. Take a photo and post it up :) Or if you can see the make and model, tell us that.

Edit: If you don't know what case you have either, grab a tape measure and when you open the case - measure the gap you have from the start of your current graphics card, to the end of the case - you basically want to see what the max length GPU is you can install.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom