What size TV are you using your xbox360 on

Soldato
OP
NokkonWud said:
Could you not get it a lot cheaper from the Internet? My dad saved over £1400.

I know of one place where i can get it for £1,999.99 with no wallmount or postage included in this price....
So i would only be saving about £100 which wouldn't be worth the hassle if went wrong and needed to ship it back..Where if i brought it was a shop over here,all i would need to do is phone them up and they would come round and pick it themselfs..

I live in the channel islands and very very few places will ship large screens plasma or LCD Here. :(

Elrein said:
Dell 2405fpw

xbox360 is thru VGA
PC is on the DVI connection
Ps2 is on the Component connector

I love my monitor :D
My dell 2405 is setup like this below

Main Pc = DVI
Download PC = VGA
Xbox360 = component (720p/1080i)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm using my 360 on a Dell w2600 26" HD-LCD via VGA, its a cracking screen and is exactly the right size for the room its in. Not bad for £363 :D

I sit about 6-7 foot away and it looks great at that distance, i dont know why a lot of people have gone for such big screens when they sit so close, from my experience they look pants unless your a suitable distance away.

JAMAL

Last edited:
Soldato
dell 2405 sat up close by the keyboard. x360 is set for 1080i over component.

ive actually played it on a mates none HD plasma the panosonic PW6 over vga and thought it looked damn fine. as well

Soldato
chaparral said:
I like to see this.

give me a sec and ill take a pic :)

EDIT, here ya go, ikea blind and all. its next to my 19inch tft for some size comparisn. the pj is 4:3 (hence the 80-inch screen size) but can handle a high def input via vga with a bit of pixel compression, which even still looks pretty damn good. only problem is daylight lol. ive bodged some big cardboard sheets to pin ove rmy windows if i ever wanted to use it durin the day but it still looks better at night. Its not as good as some of the PJ's on here but plenty good enough for me

dsc000982hv.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
cokecan72 said:
give me a sec and ill take a pic :)

EDIT, here ya go, ikea blind and all. its next to my 19inch tft for some size comparisn. the pj is 4:3 (hence the 80-inch screen size) but can handle a high def input via vga with a bit of pixel compression, which even still looks pretty damn good. only problem is daylight lol. ive bodged some big cardboard sheets to pin ove rmy windows if i ever wanted to use it durin the day but it still looks better at night. Its not as good as some of the PJ's on here but plenty good enough for me

dsc000982hv.jpg

WOW...so how many of my dell 2405 can i fit in that screen..

Soldato
Dell W2600 26" HiDef LCD at about 6 foot.

it pwns for a £363 TV!!

I am looking for a 26" HD TV, the cheapest reasonable one I could find was an Acer 26" for £490, or the 26" Sammy, but where did you get that monitor that cheap? 'The bay' ?

Soldato
21" 'normal' TV for me. Use it for TV, DVD, 360. Bought it about 3 years ago from Asda :p Play about 3 /4 ft from it, sitting in my leather chair.

When I get some money, I will probably buy a 20.1" Belina LCD. Want to get a widescreen and a better pic. Crisper and clearer. Cant afford a HD TV so I can use it for my TV, DVD and 360. Maybe one day though ;)

Soldato
At the moment I'm using a portable 14" Goodmans tv that's about ten years old :(. Oh the joys.

I'm waiting until these new samsung HD CRT's arrive and if they're worthwhile or not. If not I'll order one of those 26" Samsung LCD TV's.

Soldato
slambo69 said:
I am looking for a 26" HD TV, the cheapest reasonable one I could find was an Acer 26" for £490, or the 26" Sammy, but where did you get that monitor that cheap? 'The bay' ?

Got my 26" Sammy for £480 from a London catalogue place with 20% off.

Back
Top Bottom