What sports car would you buy for around £12k?

Man of Honour
adfinni said:
R33 GTR easily the meanest and coolest car for 12K.

And also at least a decade old. Few people are prepared to spend a 5 figure sum on a car over 10 years old. Those that are probably don't need to post 'what sports car' on ocuk.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
adfinni said:
R33 GTR easily the meanest and coolest car for 12K.

Not particularly 'cool' any more (Skylines are an increasingly common sight, sure the GTR is still rare, but to the average person they don't look any different), and certainly not that 'mean' in standard trim either :)

The OMG SKYLINE!!!!one11 thing always makes me laugh....

Great as a base for creating a monster, but in standard trim? No thanks, there are plenty of better cars for the money.

Last edited:
Soldato
I agree with the post before, i think a few are missing the point here and going off on blokey petrol lust. A bird that likes a TT isnt goign to want an rx7 or skyline :p , for starters there going to be old as heck and cost a fortune to run, women like small cute cars not big loon machines they just dont appeal to "most" women. Most are answering what they would buy for 12k not recommending realistic cars for a woman who likes TT's. Personally id say mx5.

Most birds would look at a DC5 and likely wont be able to distinguish it from any other car on the road, they like TT';s as they are cute, well my missus does :p

Soldato
FincH said:
Mk2 Clio V6 :)

/runs

Aye for a bloke that likes them fine, for a woman though? The odd one who are into their cars yeah but 99% of them would just think it was a heriffically expensive clio thats been on the pies. :)

Man of Honour
merlin said:
Yes tidy 02.

Are messy 02's, ie, ones with crisp packets and empty mcdonalds cartons in the passenger footwell and crumbs on the back seat, less?

Simiiarly, if you can get a clean one for about £13k can I save a grand if I am prepared to put it through the carwash myself and thus buy a dirty one?

Soldato
DreXeL said:
Not particularly 'cool' any more (Skylines are an increasingly common sight, sure the GTR is still rare, but to the average person they don't look any different), and certainly not that 'mean' in standard trim either :)

The OMG SKYLINE!!!!one11 thing always makes me laugh....

Great as a base for creating a monster, but in standard trim? No thanks, there are plenty of better cars for the money.

Totally agree that in stock form they arn't particularly OMFG.....!!!!!!11111 For that money i would still look at a GTR or a rex, but i don;t know enough about the servicing costs and reliability of them. You obviously know loads, and i think that a tastfully modded rex still looks modern and a lot sexier than a GTR.

But im biased as im looking at buying something like a 33 GTR or rex around a 1-2 years after leaving uni (doing my masters next year).

Soldato
I can't beleive this is still going and no one has agreed with me.

12k 'Sports' car for a woman. S2000 fits the bill perfectly. Plus unlike a TT it really is a sports car.

I can't imagine a woman wanting anything as hardcore and low spec as an elise, as ugly as a vx220, or wanting to go messing around with old high maintenance cars like RX7's and Skylines.

2001 HONDA S2000 2.0i 2dr [Alarm] Roadster,
media

65,000 miles, Silverstone Silver. Red and Black Leather interior, UK Spec Car with HondaSH, ABS, Air Con, CAT1 Immobiliser, Alarm, Alloy wheels, E/Windows, E/Mirrors, E/Roof. long MOT (until April 2007). £11,795

Soldato
Bug One said:
I can't beleive this is still going and no one has agreed with me.

12k 'Sports' car for a woman. S2000 fits the bill perfectly. Plus unlike a TT it really is a sports car.

I can't imagine a woman wanting anything as hardcore and low spec as an elise, as ugly as a vx220, or wanting to go messing around with old high maintenance cars like RX7's and Skylines.

Well said but wash your mouth out!

Seriously though I would agree the S2000 fits pretty well, it is the one out of all of the proper "sports cars" (rather than "sporty cars") in that price range most likley appeal to a woman, unless ofcourse she is a bit of a petrol head :D

Soldato
Nazbit said:
Well said but wash your mouth out!

Seriously though I would agree the S2000 fits pretty well, it is the one out of all of the proper "sports cars" (rather than "sporty cars") in that price range most likley appeal to a woman, unless ofcourse she is a bit of a petrol head :D
It IS ugly, in the same way an Evo or a skyline is ugly. Buts thats part of the appeal, and a woman who's after a TT just wont get it.

Soldato
I did not think you could get a S2000 for that sort of money but if you find a good one and she likes the look over the TT its a good buy but being a woman i would think she will like the TT more.

Soldato
Bug One said:
It IS ugly, in the same way an Evo or a skyline is ugly. Buts thats part of the appeal, and a woman who's after a TT just wont get it.

Umm ok I take your point, I dont know if ugly is the word, but I know what your saying.

Associate
Its been mentioned above, and I know I've never ever seen a woman driving one, but...

Lotus Elise. If you dont need much of a boot I think they are great. Would be muchos kudos from me to any woman I saw driving one.

Otherwise what I have seen are *loads* of women driving the new shape MR2's. Smashing little cars and arnt really that slow either.

Finally, she could cop out and get a mini convertable.

Soldato
I too would agree with a DC5, although an S2000 is tempting - didnt realise they could be had for that much. Currently trying to presuade myself that I havent had the FTO long enough to warrant me splashing out on a DC5. Maybe next year I think.

Back
Top Bottom