What the hell going on

Capodecina
Soldato
bugger off, why is it always my people that get subjugated like this?

how would you feel if i made you run in a wheel all day to power my kettle.....

I'm sorry, but you are not an actual hamster, are you. Unless you are saying you identify as a neo-nazi rodent in real life, in which case you will make the quad-gender trans activists look positively sane.

Soldato
I'm sorry, but you are not an actual hamster, are you. Unless you are saying you identify as a neo-nazi rodent in real life, in which case you will make the quad-gender trans activists look positively sane.

now that's speciesism, just the kind of thing i'd expect from a human......

You've read his posts... right?... :D

now that stings.....

Fair point.

indeed, i'm glad we could reach an understanding

Soldato
Would you prefer it if I referred to you as a hamster and made copious hamster and rodent-related references when addressing you?

why would you need to constantly bring it up? i don't bring it up unless it's topically relevant, in this case pointing out the injustice of putting my people in wheels and forcing them to power things.

Capodecina
Soldato
why would you need to constantly bring it up? i don't bring it up unless it's topically relevant, in this case pointing out the injustice of putting my people in wheels and forcing them to power things.

Well, where this is hamster-related relevance, of course. Which is in pretty much any situation. Lockdown [being in a cage would kind of be the norm for you], eating [peanuts, wood knaws], bedding [cotton wool, tissue, sawdust], drinking [chrome water bottle], etc lots of things have a different context and have to be reformulated to accommodate the fact that you identify as a Mesocricetus or whatever. I mean, God knows how you manage to post on the internet. If you identify as a hamster it's pretty hard to take you seriously on anything since, well, you're a hamster, and any views you have on said topic will be highly subjectified through dint of the fact that you're a rodent. How do you even type on a computer? Or assemble computer hardware? Do you squeak at people through Morse code to give them the relevant voltages for overclocking?

Why am I even having this conversation.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, where this is hamster-related relevance, of course. Which is in pretty much any situation. Lockdown [being in a cage would kind of be the norm for you], eating [peanuts, wood knaws], bedding [cotton wool, tissue, sawdust], drinking [chrome water bottle], etc lots of things have a different context and have to be reformulate to accommodate the fact that you identify as a Mesocricetus or whatever. I mean, God knows how you manage to post on the internet. If you identify as a hamster it's pretty hard to take you seriously on anything since, well, you're a hamster, and any views you have on said topic will be highly subjectified through dint of the fact that you're a rodent. How do you even type on a computer? Or assemble computer hardware? Do you squeak at people through Morse code to give them the relevant voltages for overclocking?

Why am I even having this conversation.

i don't live in a cage, i live in a house, fortunately you don't need a big house when your bathroom sink doubles as a swimming pool.

as for typing it's kind of like a game of twister only on a keyboard, was a lot worse before mechanical keyboards became mainstream as i really had to stamp hard on the keys to get them to register but cherrey red's are the perfect weight for me to walk on without accidentally setting it off.

pc building is easy, it's like an amish barn build only with fewer beards and more squeaking.

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
i don't live in a cage, i live in a house, fortunately you don't need a big house when your bathroom sink doubles as a swimming pool.

as for typing it's kind of like a game of twister only on a keyboard, was a lot worse before mechanical keyboards became mainstream as i really had to stamp hard on the keys to get them to register but chreey red's are the perfect weight for me to walk on without accidentally setting it off.

pc building is easy, it's like an amish barn build only with fewer beards and more squeaking.

OK. Fine. I will be more hamster-minded when addressing you in the future. Thanks for the clarification.

I thought hamsters liked running in plastic wheels, anyway.

Soldato
The for the past week or so, I've had problems with the forums. Every time I try to visit I'm getting "your browser is being checked by Cloudflare" Sometimes it randomly does it whilst I'm in the middle of writing a post.

Today and yesterday, I'm mostly getting "Safari cannot connect to the server" hit and miss as to whether it works or not. Seems OCUK is no longer using the sub domain form.overclockers.co.uk so perhaps their 301 redirect isn't working correctly.

Soldato
OP
The for the past week or so, I'e had problems with the forums. Every time I try to visit I'm getting "your browser is being checked by Cloudflare" Sometimes it randomly does it whilst I'm in the middle of writing a post.

This drive me mad!

overclockers should sort this out! Other computer part companies never has any issues like this! Only OCUK.

Untitled.jpg

Pho

Pho

Soldato
fine here but i blame that cloudflare thing. i don't know when it took off but i've had several other sites get dead until the owners reauthed something, which took weeks in one case, and others that got this or another CLoudflare message for random periods of time.

It's (most likely) not Cloudflare's fault. You're seeing something like this right?

dXpaC55.png

Cloudflare is used for DDOS protection and load balancing etc. It generally works really well.

When you go to https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ your traffic is sent to Cloudflare's servers. Cloudflare then forward your request onto the origin server (the Overclockers server), grabs the response, then sends it back to you.

When it reports a 502 error Cloudflare are telling you that Overclocker's server is down, there's nothing they can do, it's not their problem to fix, but the person who runs the Overclockers server.

Back
Top Bottom