What to do in..... London

Soldato
The Bear said:
Yep, they do the little tick of putting 1/2 pint price on the menu, which was about 2.50 so for a pint, 4 squid, lovely......

i was actually on about the fact he was asking what to do in london ;)

but oh right :(

Associate
Neon said:
i was actually on about the fact he was asking what to do in london ;) but oh right :(

boo you! ;)

Carzy said:
I drink wine in Ronnie's tbh.

And same, I hope they don't, it had the nice Goodfellas feel to it which I liked :) But judging from the website they have shifted the act start times to an earlier time which sucks because it seems to mean that we won't have the music continuing until 1-2am

Thats the best bit tho! coming out of Ronnies, then grabing a coffee from next door at half 2 in the morning, its awesome :cool:

Man of Honour
I feel sorry for you dude... as much as I hate travelling at least it keeps me away from London which isn't such a bad thing :p

Actually my love/hate for London varies. Sometimes I love it as there's so much to do and see, places to go, cool bars, cool restaurants, theatres, museums, sights, "things going on"... Sometimes I hate the fact that everything is over priced, nobody knows you, people are often overly aggressive and the public transport is a joke, it's polluted and crowded (I could go on... :p).

Have a good time, there is a lot to do, especially at night - I'd have offered a mini meet sort of thing but I'm afraid I shall be in sunny Cyprus :p

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/ is a pretty good place to start to get some ideas or see places you may want to go.

Touristy overpriced London is the west end - but the better nights out can be had in North London IMO. :)

Soldato
OP
Freefaller said:
Not if your girlfriend lives in NW London ;)

What's the Luton airport rail link like? As i'm coming back up on a Thursday night from Cricklewood and don't want to muck up the times. Do you know any decent places near Cricklewood or is it in the sticks? I'm going to be working in one of our client offices (Thames Water, feel free to hate me :p) so i would imagine it's in a fairly commercial area.

Man of Honour
From cricklewood it's about 40 mins by train I'd guess? It would be a First Capital Connect train I think... I usually take the Thames Link from Herne Hill though which is in SE london.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Yeah... for starters I had to actually look up to see where Cricklewood is in London.

Oh on national rail it says you have to get a train to St.Albans then change (onto the Thameslink I assume - as FF said) to get to Luton airport.

Don't have to go into London, because as I thought you aren't actually in central London.

;)

BB x

Soldato
A wise man once said
"If you become bored of London. You become bored of life"

I can't quite pinpoint the obvious, like go to St Paul's Cathedral and go to Canary Wharf or to the Royal Docks etc. What I will say is my 8 years of me living in London I have never been bored of this place.
When I am bored at home, I round up a few mates. Head to the city and there is always something to do.

Don't worry about it. You'll have a much better time if you don't plan. Just remember, London is like New York. We never sleep ;)

Back
Top Bottom