what to get instead of asrock dual

Associate
hi have already posted for more general advice in genral hardware section,
but now need more precise info on what m/b to get.

iwas going to buy to go with the rest of my kit an asrock dual, but as some has already pointed out this is limited for o/c as get an amd 144 or 146 not sure yet also as im getting pci-e card dual agp bit is redundant people have suggested dfi lan party but unfortunately place im getting other bits from don,t stock dfi in amd format :(

so other options please in £50 to £80ish mark

thankyou

Associate
I would really recommend getting a DFI board to go with your opteron, especially if you get a 144. It's worth paying a bit more postage to get one on its own, from OcUK for example.

However, if £80 really is the budget limit, try something by Epox or Asus. Someone else will have to recommend particular models though, as I've not used these boards myself :)

Soldato
Compared to an ASUS board it is harder to setup

It is also very picky with different memory types for example. If you want to quickly overclock something the fewer options available on ASUS boards are easier for people to manage

If you are new to PCs the DFI can be a daunting and off-putting experience.

I'm not saying that they're bad boards just that they take a bit of setting up

Soldato
The DFI Nforce4 boards aint hard to setup, they were when they first came out but since bios 3/10 a lot of issues were solved.

We're now on bios 6/23 and it took me 20 mins to get the bios flashed and windows installed. Same with all the DFI boards I have owned.

The nforce4 was probably the easiest as I had integrated the drivers into the windows CD including Raid. OS went on as sweet as a nut.

Running a 3Ghz Opty now, yummeh.

Back
Top Bottom