1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TV shows are you currently watching

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Kaiju, 27 Jan 2015.

1. McBain

Capodecina

Just binged Manifest season 2 and now onto Gangs of London.

It's good, very good in fact. The fight scenes are brutal and well done.

2. BenjiSayers

Mobster

I've just finished The Witcher.

The production was a bit weird it kept going from high quality to feeling like day-time TV levels. Also had to rewind it few times too as they seems to mumble a lot of lines which made it harder to follow what was going on seeing as I had no previous experience with the books or the game.

By the end of it though I was gutted I ran out of episodes to watch and I'm looking forward to the next series.

3. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

Difficult to explain really. If you have seen anything else by Alex Garland, like Deus Ex Machina, this has a similar feel to that in a way. Mystery / sci-fi with a good feel for atmosphere. Main character is a little bit bland, but don't let that put you off. The story is good.

Last edited: 28 Apr 2020
  4. Marvt74

Capodecina

How did you find Manifest? I enjoyed Season 1, but we seem to have given up around half way through the second. It felt samey.

5. McBain

Capodecina

I enjoyed it, never really felt it start to drag.

6. krooton

Caporegime

Not strictly TV, but I've actually been binge watching back episodes of Good Mythical Morning (and by association Good Mythical More and Mythical Kitchen), no idea how this has escaped me for so long given they have been around for over a decade.

Rhett & Link are absolute legends :D

7. dirtybeatfreak

Mobster

Just finished Money heist and thought it was brilliant. Really want to see part 5 now.

8. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

Been seriously binging Devs, only one left to watch now. One of the best series I've seen since Dark.

9. arc@css

Caporegime

Nearly finished the first season of Manhunt, so last night I began taking a look at Devs. Looks promising.

10. lee32uk

Underboss

The Last Kingdom S4. Only got 3 episodes left to watch :(

11. Robzere31

Mobster

Just watch ep1 of 404.

Switch your brain off tv but quite enjoyed it.

12. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Just finished Homeland S8, which I think is the last season. Honestly, I've loved it. S8 has been a great season and that last ep had some fantastic tension, like was saw back in S01E09 (I think it was, anyway). Quite a good ending I feel too, which for me is a big factor on the overall rating of a show. I would probably put Homeland into my top 10 (and I've watched a lot of TV! :) )

13. jcr

Wise Guy

have started watching the wire as my partner likes crime shows.
    it seems ok but i struggle to understand what the black drug dealers are saying sometimes. could do with subtitles really.

14. TheVoice

Capodecina

Tales From The Loop on Amazon Prime. It's excellent and seem to be a total sleeper hit as I haven't seen anyone talking about it. Well-written, beautifully shot and I really like the character-driven retro sci-fi concept. Highly recommended.

15. AndyCr15

Capodecina

We have discussed it in this thread. I had a concern a few people said it was a little slow in places, but general opinion was it was good.

16. Merlin5

Capodecina

Binge watched both seasons of Ricky Gervais in Afterlife last night and today, 12 x 30 minute episodes.

Superb. Really funny and really sad. It's like a mix of The Office, a love story and some deep philosophical stuff. I've never heard the C word uttered so much. :D Definite must watch.

17. arknor

Caporegime

its style over substance arty farty nonsense imo apart one one episode that stood out

18. Marvt74

Capodecina

It was the old woman turning 100 saying it which absolutely slayed me!

19. MoRT489

Soldato

Any word on another season of Love, Death & Robots and Final Space Season 3?

20. Arcane

Mobster

Whoever wrote Gangs of London doesn't like Gypsies lol. It's like they employed the special effects person from Rambo, so brutal.