What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
I think so far, the sound and music are, for me, one of its strengths. Some of it anyway. The odd bit is quite catchy. :)

Some of the ‘ambient’ stuff is good but some of it loops too much and really annoys me for some reason. Other bits of music were good though.

Soldato
Hancock 2008 5.8/10
a diffrent kind of super hero movie

the first 1/3 was good I loved the idea of a depressed super hero who did not care.
I dont know why but the movie feels a little rushed and lacking

Soldato
Upload - 4 episodes in. Not many laughs so far, but an interesting concept and will keep watching.

Not sure what it wants to be atm, in Lake View, it's very much The Good Place (light hearted), but the outside, is very much Black Mirror (dark, technology reliant)

The 'I consent' sex thang was interesting - genuinely good idea!

Man of Honour
After Life season 2. I love Gervais, The Office and Extras are just really amazing IMO, and After Life season 1 wasn't awful, but this is just actually bad. It seems so bad that I don't understand how it can have been anything but purposeful.

Still watching Devs. I wasn't sure if I was going to carry on with it or not, but after watching the rest of episode 2 - which I thought was rather good, I think I might end up seeing this through. :)

I really enjoyed the first few episodes, the premise is absolutely stellar. As for the execution of the end of the story... While get why they went the way they did and it was satisfying to a degree, it didn't quite have the impact of the beginning, I suppose it was always going to be difficult to follow.

Soldato
Finished watching Hollywood on Netflix

Really enjoyed it. Quite a few funny bits and the last episode made me cry a little (hey, I'm female, I can't help it :o)

Just started Never Have I Ever now. More aimed towards younger generation I think but seems ok so far

Soldato
After Life season 2. I love Gervais, The Office and Extras are just really amazing IMO, and After Life season 1 wasn't awful, but this is just actually bad. It seems so bad that I don't understand how it can have been anything but purposeful.

Most people agree it's great TV. (For me, much better than The Office) Why do you think it's bad?

Soldato
Some of the old catalogue is the best - with the ve day connection
watched some episodes of Allo Allo So what does netflix have to compete with it ... maybe it's always availible somewhere on freeview , but the script is pretty timeless.

( Show's I'd like to find online for re-watch C4 Utopia, which I see a killing eves better half, also to try out some of secret army )

Soldato

I agree, I thought season 2 was terrible. I quite enjoyed season 1 and found some of the parts hilarious. But for most of season two the jokes and humour were weak, with C bombs thrown in to try and make it funny.
Also I found it grating that every time Ricky Gervais speaks it turns into a monologue. He can do much better than this.

Caporegime

I really enjoyed the first few episodes, the premise is absolutely stellar. As for the execution of the end of the story... While get why they went the way they did and it was satisfying to a degree, it didn't quite have the impact of the beginning, I suppose it was always going to be difficult to follow.

Lasted about 10 minutes, awful.

Soldato
Lasted about 10 minutes, awful.

So didn't really give it a chance. Got ya.

Started Upload last night, only watched the first one, will try another before deciding.

We're 5 episodes in - it flicks between The Good Place and Black Mirror, not sure it knows what it wants to be!!

But we as a family are enjoying it, so will stick with it and Ingrid? Nom nom nom nom.

Caporegime
So didn't really give it a chance. Got ya.

We're 5 episodes in - it flicks between The Good Place and Black Mirror, not sure it knows what it wants to be!!

But we as a family are enjoying it, so will stick with it and Ingrid? Nom nom nom nom.

Well I watched the whole of Season 1, which I did enjoy. How much should I watch 3 hours? Oh wait, I already had. Unless I have to watch every single episode before I'm allowed to dislike it?

Soldato
Well I watched the whole of Season 1, which I did enjoy. How much should I watch 3 hours? Oh wait, I already had. Unless I have to watch every single episode before I'm allowed to dislike it?

I enjoyed S1 and still to start S2. S2 maybe sh!t, but 10mins isn't really giving it much of a chance.

I was advised to watch Dark, it took 5 hour long episodes before i was hooked!

Caporegime
I enjoyed S1 and still to start S2. S2 maybe sh!t, but 10mins isn't really giving it much of a chance.

I was advised to watch Dark, it took 5 hour long episodes before i was hooked!

Depends on how much you value time, I'm not watching something I dislike for 5 hours.

I didn't enjoy the 10-20 minutes I watched ( I never actually timed myself fyi), it was enough to know I didn't want to invest anymore time though :)

Soldato
Over the last few weeks:

Save Me - Seasons 1 and 2 - Had already watched S1 but missus hadn't so rewatched with her before starting on S2. Simply one of the best British productions i've seen, subject matter that's a little controversial and hard to watch at times. Lennie James deserves all kinds of awards not only for his performance but his writing.

Bosch Season 6 - still consistently excellent, well written and acted with stories that play out believably and nothing forced. Even the slower seasons have been great.

Ray Donovan - Season 7 - bit of a slog, become something of a paraody of itself and you can see every twist coming a mile off, should have been cancelled a few years back. No definitive answer if we'll get any closure to the open end of the season yet.

Afterlife S1 - started this a few days ago, I don't like Gervais, I think he's a smug ***** but i've strangely warmed to his character in this and it's basically just him, bit of a paradox there.

Man of Honour
Most people agree it's great TV. (For me, much better than The Office) Why do you think it's bad?

Gervais can just do so much better. Normally when I criticise things, I do so from a "I couldn't do better" position, but I honestly think I probably could have done better with the first couple of After Life season 2 episodes. After continuing on to episode 5, it's actually got a lot better, and although I'm glad about this it isn't as good as the first season or anywhere near as close to genius as his previous works. It seems rushed and amateurish, I don't find any of the characters believable and Ricky has the habit of reusing content/themes from his other shows and stand up. After you've seen so much Gervais it all becomes a bit of a blur.

Back
Top Bottom