What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Could anyone recommend a good supernatural show ?
Im upto date with supernatural, stranger things Sabrina, and watched grimm a number of times

For supernatural/horror shows, Haunting Of Hill House was better than any horror movie/show for a very long time, no reliance on cheap jump scares, consistent story telling and characters that act like actual people.

Or a comadey
Im up to date with the big bang theory, Goldbergs, Young Sheldon, Last man standing, Brooklyn nine nine

Not so much in the vein of the comedies you've listed but the likes of Californication, House of Lies and Silicon Valley are 3 of my absolute favourites from the last 15 years. Californication would be in my top 10 shows of all time.

If you want to mix the two, Ash vs Evil Dead is loads of fun and What We Do In The Shadows is great too, funnier than the movie.

An old one, but gold one: My Name Is Earl

This was really good for the first few seasons before it got too preachy :(

I really liked 'New Girl' and I'm sure others will agree 'Community' is amazing, both on Netflix now.

New Girl would definitely be up your street based on what you already listed.

Soldato
Could anyone recommend a good supernatural show ?
Im upto date with supernatural, stranger things Sabrina, and watched grimm a number of times

Or a comadey
Im up to date with the big bang theory, Goldbergs, Young Sheldon, Last man standing, Brooklyn nine nine

American Horror Story. Modern Family, Space Force.

Man of Honour
The first few seasons are simply some of the best comedy ever. Love that show.

Indeed they are, although in episode two theres a scene where a guy comes into the bar and says that he is in a panic because "my son just brought home his fiance" and Coach says "whats the problem" and the guy says "the fiance is black". Not sure they would get away with that today !

Soldato
Up to about episode 6/7 of Life On Mars. Passed me by when it came out, for some reason youtube popped up with a trailer for it earlier this year and watched it. Thought to myself, why did I never watch this before, seemed right up my street.

First few episodes were strong, now i'm struggling, it's not bad...it's just not all that great and unsure where the huge praise comes from. I'll stick it out to the end of S1 but not sure I have it in me for another 8 episodes of this for S2 and then Ashes to Ashes.

I think it's only Genes character that has carried me this far.

I've now finished S1 and see no reason to continue, I watched 20 minutes of the next season and it's just more of the same with no real intrigue or hook to keep me going, rinse and repeat each episode.

Unless someone can tell me it has a decent pay off at the mid/end point of S2, I think i'm shelving this one.

A real shame as it seemed great at the start.

Soldato
I finally finished season 3 of Ozark last night. I see what my colleagues meant when they said that season 2 dragged a little, however, season 3 has kept me interested for season 4

I think now I might catch up on other shows that I had previously been watching, including season 3 and 4 of 13 Reasons Why

Back
Top Bottom